Bible Functionality Queries

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Bible Functionality Queries

Postby apwood » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:19 am

Great stuff - under 2.5 I used to get bible verses from Bible Gateway and put them in quick notes, but even using a macro, it wasn't quick and easy. so thanks!

Some queries:

1. Will verses from the bible gateway added to a service list be OK when the internet connection is no longer available - ie at church?

2. How can I add a bible passage that has verses spanning more than one chapter (or even more than one book)? As far as I can tell, this is not possible, so its somewhat a serious limitation. Each chapter can be added as a new song, but using space bar to progress, the operator is more likely to cycle back to the beginning of the first chapter than go onto the next chapter (by pressing F4).

3. Also, it would be nice because of the above, to be able to make it so that pressing space bar on a bible verse will not cycle back from the last screen to the start - as that is unlikely to be needed for a bible reading (unlike in the case of displaying a song).

4. Is there any way to improve the formatting of bible verses. It doesn't look good when you get orphaned words on a line (especially when that line is centred). Using left justify, often doesn't look good for bible verses either.
apwood
Intermediate

Re: Bible Functionality Queries

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:46 pm

On point 1, I have tried this on my laptop and loaded a biblegateway passage, exited zionworx, disconnected from the internet, restarted zionworx and the passage appeared ok.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby brainier » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:16 pm

The song words and bible verses are stored in the playlist file (*), but when selected in the playlist the Edit item becomes available (to the left of the playlist, bottom icon). With this you can remove the bits or copy and paste bits in. Yes, you can initially only add verses from one chapter to the playlist - but add both chapters and then with a bit of editing generate your required playlist.

* It's this feature that allows you to add a song to the playlist (at home) and load the playlist up again (at church) and have the song added to the database as it is a new song.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby apwood » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:31 am

Thanks for the help.

Its all good news! Will make using bible readings much easier and professional.

I had tried to edit the bible verses, but must have missed how to do it.

So thanks to the team for ane excellent update to Zionworx.
apwood
Intermediate

Postby jamesp » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:39 am

Thanks for this - but how do I copy and paste within the Bible readings? I can't right click in 'edit Bible text' and (unlike when I am editing songs) I can't see any obvious icons to click.
jamesp
Intermediate

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:24 pm

With the bible reading highlighted in the play list, click on the (new) bottom icon (under the red cross). This will bring up a familiar edit box with which you can use ctrl+c, ctrl+v to copy and paste. I've always found it easier to use the keyboard.
I suppose it's only us oldies who use the keyboard nowadays - reminds me of the time my wife showed a teenager something in excel, hit F2 to edit the cell - to which the teenager exclaimed - how did you do that!
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby brainier » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:03 pm

Ah yes, F2 - rename things
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support