Problems - Doesn't Work at all

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Problems - Doesn't Work at all

Postby peter60 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:07 pm

Upgraded from 2.5 and get error: "Opening 'Main Table' Cannot open table. The locking file C:\Program Data\Zionworxz\2.6\Data\MainTable.net is either invalid or is not compatible with this application. Delete it and try again." :cry:

Deleting it causes it to go to the next file and so on.

Useless. Will have to reinstall 2.5

:cry: OS: Vista Home Premium
Last edited by peter60 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter60
Junior

Re: Useless - Doesn't Work at all

Postby brainier » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:36 pm

The path you entered looks wrong - "C:\Program Data\Zionworxz2.6\Data\MainTable.net" There is no MainTable.net file, there is a MainTable.dat, and its in C:\ProgramData\ZionWorx\2.6\Data.

I have done loads of testing of v2.6 for the last five or so months on Vista and came across nothing like this.

Do you have your database in a different location? And if so what location? And what generates the error, is it when ZW opens? If so check that the database location in File > Preferences is correct and that the user account you are logging in as has read and write permissions to the folder.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Still doesn't work properly

Postby peter60 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:48 pm

I gave up on the upgrade and uninstalled the package. I've installed the full package (2.6) from scratch. I backed up my database which was in a Public folder to enable multiple users to have access.

The songs are all there and it works after a fashion. When I open a menu item with no "monitor 2" attached the laptop display goes blank except for the dialogue box. After accepting the dialogue box entry the laptop screen goes totally blank. To get my screen back I have to push the WIndows menu button to re-activate the status bar and select Zionworx. Then it's touch and go whether or not the cued song will appear in the preview window.
peter60
Junior

Postby webmaster » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:56 pm

I have been playing with this for just as long and don't have this issue at all however when using vista with no dual screen you will have some issue. as noted in the FAQ forum and the readme file.

ZionWorx 2.6 Readme File
-----------------------------------------------------------

Known Issue: Single Monitor with Windows Vista
--------------------------------------------
When running ZionWorx on a Windows Vista computer with a single monitor, presumably for testing purposes, there is an issue when opening service lists and PowerPoint presentations. The Open File Dialog causes the presentation screen to jump in front of the main ZionWorx application window. Popup hints have been disabled when running in Vista as well as they caused the same issue, albeit this was more confusing from a user point of view. The hint text still shows in the status bar at the bottom of the main application form.

This is an existing integration problem between the programming language used for ZionWorx and a Vista setting that we are unable to resolve. As it does not interfere with normal two monitor usage this shouldn't be a problem for standard usage.
**************************************************************************************************

hope that helps.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Works now but not so well with one monitor

Postby peter60 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm

Thanks for that, but as I always prepare my service lists at home without the projector attached. I will have to get used to the screen blanking until you sort out the issue.
peter60
Junior

Postby brainier » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:30 am

You can use Alt+TAb to return to the management screen. It's not that the screen blanks out, it just that the presentation window (which normally sits on the second monitor - and this is an issue only for users of one monitor, and only on Vista) comes to the front.

This issue only occurs when the file open/save dialog box appears. You select your playlist/bible/ppt file and click OK. Then alt-tab back to the management screen to continue.

** OR **

Use a hidden keystroke from an older version of Zionworx. CTRL+F9 was designed for advanced users. CTRL+F9 hides the presentation screen (and disables the preview in the management screen). When the presentation screen is hidden you do not get this issue.

Recommendation to developers - maybe make this option less hidden for users of Vista and one monitor?
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby mikeyp » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:49 pm

I had this problem, and simply had to delete the 6 or so files it indicated. After that it worked fine. The files weren't in the zionwox folder however, they were in the new database location in all users. I'm on windows 2000 so it was in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\Application Data\ZionWorx\2.6\Data This folder will be different for other versions of windows but it's the same principle.

Persevere, it's worth it and works great now.
mikeyp
Intermediate

Postby Wayne » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:41 am

Please do remember that this is Free software that is developed in the spare time of a few individuals - it is hardly uplifting to use the word "useless".
I have installed the software without any problem - did you go down the Upgrade of Full route?
Wayne
Junior

Re: Problems- Doesn't Work at all

Postby peter60 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:39 am

Wayne wrote:Please do remember that this is Free software that is developed in the spare time of a few individuals - it is hardly uplifting to use the word "useless".
I have installed the software without any problem - did you go down the Upgrade of Full route?

I had to uninstall after upgrading from v2.5 and then reinstall full package.

Yes, I am sorry that I posted that title. :cry: I was somewhat frustrated after installing the upgrade as I thought that I had lost everything and that it wouldn't work.

I am grateful for this excellent software which, in use, knocks every other package I've seen for 6!
peter60
Junior

Re: Problems - Doesn't Work at all

Postby penelopemhunt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 am

Version 2.6 works very well for me, and i was looking forward to Powerpoint integration, but cannot make this work
Just get a whole load of 'ever diminishing' superimposed images on the display screen
Would someone give me a clue as to how to make this feature work, and which F key to use to fade in a powerpoint image.

Thanks - P Hunt
penelopemhunt
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 pm

If you are not using two monitors then the preview won't display what you'd expect (at least with Powerpoint). The ZionWorx control window sits on top of the presentation window and so the preview for powerpoint shows the ZionWorx control window on top of the powerpoint presentation.

It will work fine with two monitors (and perhaps checking MS powerpoint presentation settings to make sure show is shown on second monitor).
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby akharvie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 pm

We had this problem with maintable.net on a fresh install of XP. (before the fomat and re-install version 2.6 worked fine). The three files I had to delete were maintable.net, keywords.rnt and FTIndextable.net. It seems to b working fine now.

Oddly, when it does hang while looking for these files the program does not appear on the task manager so it can be a bit tricky to shut down.

Hope this helps.

J
Kate
akharvie
Junior

Postby brainier » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 am

ChrisClark wrote:(and perhaps checking MS powerpoint presentation settings to make sure show is shown on second monitor).

You do not need to do this. All this does is open PowerPoint in a window and then maximise the window - if you set the show to run on display 2 then the window appears on the projected output and then maximises also on the projected output.

But if you set the display screen to the management display the window appears on the management screen and the projected display shows the PPT show - looks more professional in my opinion, as the first thing the congregation see is the first slide in full screen (rather than windows popping up and maximising first).
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby brainier » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 am

penelopemhunt wrote:Would someone give me a clue as to how to make this feature work, and which F key to use to fade in a powerpoint image.

There is no F key for this. F4 will jump to the next item in the playlist, and if this is a PPT slideshow it will show the first slide (unless a different slide was selected when added to the playlist - then it will start from that slide). It will not fade in though as you get with the songs. The first slide will run the last transition (if in slide looping mode) and present the slide that way - so if you want it to fade in use the slide transistion feature of PPT to fade in the first slide.

Equally, it will not fade out when you F4 to the next item in the playlist. If the next item is also a PPT slideshow it will start immediately. If the next item is a song/bible/note then it will depend on the F10/F11/F12 status as to whether the song/background displays. PPT shows will not fade out.

Therefore if you need to go between two PPT slide shows and have a gap/pause between them use B on the keyboard at the end of the first slideshow to Black out the presentation screen. Then press F4 when you need to start the next slideshow.

Brian
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support