Newly Installed on Vista

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Newly Installed on Vista

Postby Coracleman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi - following advice on 2.5 forum and wanting the integrated Bible support I have upgraded to 2.6 on my Windows Vista sp2 computer.

I had delayed because of all the notes about the difficulty of updating the song library, but it seems to have handled that automatically.

However various settings seem to have disappeared (e.g our CCI licence details don't display and I think some changes to style have disappeared).

More significantly I cannot find or see any reference to integrated bible support. There is no tab saying Bible and nothing on any of the menus. It's build 2.6.52 apparently installed today for a meeting tonight.
Coracleman
Junior

Re: Newly Installed on Vista

Postby Christian » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi - there should be a 'Bible' tab at the bottom left of the screen i.e. Songs/Images/Bible.
If this tab is missing then please can you take a screenshot and email it to me directly thanks. I'll have to see it to believe it since I've never heard of that before! :?

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Coracleman » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Thank you. I see it. I really thought I'd studied every inch of screen estate, but I'd missed it. I'm on a slow connection just now and haven't go onto Bible Gateway yet, but will try again soon.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby Coracleman » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Okay so now I have the tab, but cannot access the online Bible at Bible Gateway. I have tried the fix mentioned in another thread, but without success. I get an error message saying that the bible and verse are not available. Again - is there something obvious I could do to get this?
Thanks.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 am

Hi - I've just tried myself with the http://classic.biblegateway.com/ fix and I tried a few random Bibles successfully. Which Bible are you trying to access? BTW, this feature has been rewritten in ZionWorx 2013 so we can react more quickly to changes made by BG without needing to make a new release.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Coracleman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

It doesn't work on any of a number of versions I tried at random following your question. It came first on NIV UK which would be my choice, but TNIV, Darby and a couple of others all had the same result - an error message saying that the version and the chapters could not be retrieved. Going directly to the gateway online seems to work fine both in new and classic formats.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 am

Strange.. all those work fine for me!
Can you try on a Win7 PC at all?
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Coracleman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Christian wrote:Strange.. all those work fine for me!
Can you try on a Win7 PC at all?

I can - and I can report that strangely I cannot find the zwsettings.ini file to edit so I can't try it.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi.

If installed in the default location (under program files (x86) ) then the ini file is found in another location under appdata for the specific user. I find the easiest way is to go through the 'data' shortcut that is in the Program Files\ZionWorx directory and then go up to the parent directory.

The actual location is (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Zionworx\2.6 on Vista) perhaps C:\ProgramData\Zionworx on Windows 7). Hard to keep track of all the possibilities so you could go to C:\ and do a search for ZWSettings.ini if you still can't track it down.

Chris
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Coracleman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 am

@ ChrisClark - Thank you. My normally very reliable file manager let me down on this one - the shortcut to data did not find it, but the windows search did. So the ini file was found and edited.

@Christian - v2.6 on windows 7 with zwsettings pointing to classic bibelgateway everything is working as expected. I will try again on the laptop (vista, sp2) now that I've seen an adjusted ini file that is working and let you know if there is any change to that.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby Christian » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi,

Your feedback would be much appreciated as it would be good to understand this issue.

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Coracleman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Sorry for the delay - I have now tried it again on the laptop (vista sp2) and in v2.6 the Bible tab appears and offers me the Bible Gateway option, but when I try to connect I get the error message that it cannot download - though I have at some points had the versions list but no books or chapters info. I'm sure the network makes no difference, but I have now tried it on three different broadband wireless connections.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby Coracleman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 am

The weirdness continues - but this time the news is good.

Background - trying to update the songlist on my windows 7 desktop I copied the data folder from my vista laptop and somehow managed to break both installations. However the next day I found that the windows 7 was working again (I did nothing to it) and I copied the data folder back from the memory stick onto the laptop (ie the one I'd copied from the laptop in the first place).

Result - I was pleased to find that Zionworx was working again, and surprised to find that the BibleGateway link now works as expected.

Reason - I can't explain. I made no changes. I copied the files to a memory stick left it a day or two and copied them back to the vista machine.

Future - If anything should stop working I'll let the forum know, but in the meantime thank you to all who took an interest in trying to solve this problem.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby Christian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 am

How bizarre! Maybe the PC is playing games with you ;)
Glad it's working anyway...

Thanks,
Christian
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support