Windows 8

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Windows 8

Postby brainier » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 am

Has anyone got Zionworx 2.6 running on Windows 8. When I start it I get a message saying "For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying this program again.". Now that means nothing to me and I have no debugging software running (that I know about). The PC is a standard laptop upgraded from Win7 to Win8 at the weekend. Zionworx was installed before the upgrade, so going to reinstall it and see if that improves any thing.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: Windows 8

Postby brainier » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

So a reinstall does not fix it - so currently (though it might just be me) Zionworx does not run on Windows 8.
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby brainier » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:31 pm

OK - So I've now tried to install Zionworx on a second Windows 8 box and I get the same error. This second PC has no debugging software installed - the first might have had as it has Visual Studio installed (though it was not running at the time).

The error appears immediately at the start of the program before the splash screen appears, and from looking up the error on the web it appears to be something that software licence code throws errors with - therefore I suspect this is part of the registration module and not actually Zionworx's itself.

Christian - please can you check your new version against Windows 8 - and don't use the same registration software. It would appear to be looking at the list of processes running and has decided that something that Windows 8 runs by default is a system debugger and will not allow me past that point. Or, can you release a version of 2.6 that has the registration module disabled please.

Thanks

Brian
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby Christian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks for testing. Yes, it appears you're right. We are now using the most recent version of the 3rd party licensing wrapper software for 'ZionWorx 2012' so it will be fully Windows 8 compatible.

At the moment we're not planning to fix this for v2.6 since all our efforts are going into the launch of ZW2012.

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 am

THIS ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN FIXED

ZionWorx 2.6 runs on Windows 8 - installers have been updated on the website!
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support