Will ZionworX run 64bit PC?

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Will ZionworX run 64bit PC?

Postby wes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:11 am

I'm considering replacing my current trusty 7 year old Dell laptop with something more powerful. I use the Dell every Sunday and other occasions with ZionworX and no problems (unless I try to big video or large Powerpoint files - then my machine doesn't always cope too well. So I'm looking at various options with more RAM etc and all running Windows 7. Someone has suggested I need to go to a 64bit processor to cope with the multi-tasking of big files and video BUT.... would ZionworX still run OK on 64bit processor?

Wes
Falcon Lodge Chapel
wes
Junior

Re: Will ZionworX run 64bit PC?

Postby MartinB » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Wes,

I can confirm that Zionworx will run on 64-bit Windows 7. I have been using it for nearly a year on an HP PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I only use it to prepare the services, but have had no major issues. The only issues I had was to do with different installation folders and paths for the common parts - pictures etc. This was only a problem for me as I prepare the services on my PC, but transfer them to an old Windows XP machine for projecting at church. I fixed this by creating an automatic script to modify the paths in the service file to work on XP (they still work on Windows 7 as well - it understands the old folder locations).

Hope this helps,
Martin.
Martin Bloomfield
===============
Holy Trinity & St Wulstan, Heworth
York
MartinB
Junior

Postby wes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Martin
Thanks for the reply - I remember similar issues of data files location when I switched from XP to Vista and had to relocate the data directories - but no problems since.
Now I just need to find the most suitable 64bit laptop (without breaking the bank!)

Wes
wes
Junior

Postby brainier » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Zionworx is a 32bit app and so will run fine on a AMD/Intel X86 based processor. The other way around is not possible though (X64 program on x86/32bit processor).

C:\Program Files\ contains x64 programs
C:\Program Files (x86)\ contains 32bit programs - so this is where you will find Zionworx by default.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support