Biblegateway not downloading - fix

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Biblegateway not downloading - fix

Postby MartinB » Sun May 20, 2012 3:31 pm

When preparing the service for today, i tried to download the bible reading from Biblegateway as usual. However, while all the books & chapters were displayed, no verses were retrieved - using "NIV - UK".

This has happened several times in the past & I thought I'd fixed my installation. I've managed to get a fix for the problem as follows:

locate the file zwsettings.ini and edit it. Change the line:
Bible Gateway Name=http://www.biblegateway.com/
to
Bible Gateway Name=http://classic.biblegateway.com/

This seems to have resolved the problem for me, however, I did notice that not all bibles seem to be supported on the classic interface - I intially selected NIV and didn't get any details.

Hope this might help others who've lost the interface.
Christian: would it be possible for you to tweak the interface to Biblegateway, in ZW2012, so it is less susceptible to these regular updates?
Martin Bloomfield
===============
Holy Trinity & St Wulstan, Heworth
York
MartinB
Junior

Re: Biblegateway not downloading - fix

Postby Christian » Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Yes, we've been working on improvements to the BG integration already. We can never be totally immune to changes they make, but it will be less vulnerable in ZW2012 and we can roll out fixes more quickly without needing to make a new release. That's the intention anyway!

Cheers,
Christian
Christian
Site Admin

Postby cmb1960 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi - is there an update for this fix at all? I guess the good folk at BG have made further changes as the link doesn't work for me, with or without the tweak of the ini file :-(
cmb1960
Junior

Postby Elfin Spectre » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:17 pm

While on the subject of BG, I have newly connected to the internet at Church (Windows 7) and although I can pick up the BG site, I can't link to it with ZW. I get the following error message: "Error retrieving version book and chapter from online bible. Unable to display this version." I've tried many of the versions without success. My colleague tells me that the ZWsettings.ini fix makes no difference. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled ZW at home (Vista) - same problem - without fixing it. Is there a fix, please, until ZionWorx 2013 is ready?

Many thanks

Elfin
Elfin Spectre
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 am

Hi Elfin,

Sorry, no quick fix for this I'm afraid :(

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support