Mixed locations for image files

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Mixed locations for image files

Postby paulstokes » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:10 am

I have Zionworx installed on both PC (Win7 32 bit) and laptop (Win7 64 bit), and use Microsoft's SyncToy to synchronise some of my work folders, including the Zionworx one. One oddity came to light recently when I discovered some of my new backgrounds were not available on the laptop.

In a nutshell, the laptop installation of Zionworx is calling image files from several sources! From one of the saved XMLs - yes, all in one file - I have:

<ImageFilename>C:\Zionworx\Backgrounds\Bible\Bible Open 2.jpg</ImageFilename>
and
<ImageFilename>C:\ProgramData\Zionworx\2.6\Backgrounds\Prayer\prayer6.jpg</ImageFilename>
and
<ImageFilename>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ZionWorx\2.6\Backgrounds\Communion\Wine and Bread.jpg</ImageFilename>

...that's three different "Background" folders in use, and none of them are in the same folder as the proram itself!

Zionworx itself is installed in D:\Ekklesia\Worship\Zionworx
and the Data folder specified in the program (and in ZWSettings.ini) is D:\Ekklesia\Worship\Zionworx\Data

What can I do to get Zionworx simply using the one Backgrounds folder at D:\Ekklesia\Worship\Zionworx\Backgrounds ?
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Re: Mixed locations for image files

Postby paulstokes » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 am

:oops:
It causes confusion when you have TWO instances of Zionworx installed! Yes, posting the query prompted some ideas, and I did get to the bottom of it, uninstalled from the Control Panel (which got rid of the version with all the "Documents and Settings" and "ProgramData" paths), and got back to the clean and simple folder that I originally thought I had!

Interesting that Zionworx doesn't actually need to be installed - the folder is self-contained, so simply copying the folder from one machine to the other (and then checking the path to the database) seems to be enough to get a properly running setup.
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support