UK Users - Reporting to CCLI via CopyReport

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

UK Users - Reporting to CCLI via CopyReport

Postby MartinB » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:48 pm

I realise that this is not an issue with Zionworx, so this is probably the wrong place for this post, but was unsure of where I should be asking this question. I was wondering how other UK churches fill in their annual CCLI report of songs projected etc?

I have just had to do this for our church and created an excel macro to extract the song information from all the service XML files created during the year. This macro processes each playlist item in the files and if it's a "song", retrieves the Title, Writer and copyright information before adding it to the excel file. As the number of times a song is used does not matter, the details are only added once.

Unfortunately, this does not help with the process of adding the information to the CCLI CopyReport system, but it does spead up the collection process.

How do other members perform this required reporting? If anyone is interested, I am willing to supply the spreadsheet for your use.
Martin Bloomfield
===============
Holy Trinity & St Wulstan, Heworth
York
MartinB
Junior

Re: UK Users - Reporting to CCLI via CopyReport

Postby Christian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi Martin,

Your solution sounds like a neat workaround until such time as this feature becomes part of ZionWorx.
I would imagine there are other people who could benefit from what you've developed!

It's a shame that CCLI (UK) don't have an electronic reporting system in place yet - at least I've never heard of such a thing...

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby MartinB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Christian,

Thanks for the reply. The CopyReport can be done either in paper format or using their CopyReport4 program/database (preferred option) which then submits the return electronically. Unfortunately, as they seem to have an internal numbering formation for each song / copyright holder I'm not sure of a way to interface with the program/database.

Is there a way that my spreadsheet (with appropriate instructions) can be made freely available to other ZionWorx users - i'd be happy to supply it to anyone for their personal use?
Martin Bloomfield
===============
York
MartinB
Junior

Postby Christian » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 am

Hi Martin,

Yes sure, if you want to email me the package then we can see about getting it on the Downloads page.
Thanks for your contribution!

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby sem » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:05 pm

MartinB wrote:Christian,

Thanks for the reply. The CopyReport can be done either in paper format or using their CopyReport4 program/database (preferred option) which then submits the return electronically. Unfortunately, as they seem to have an internal numbering formation for each song / copyright holder I'm not sure of a way to interface with the program/database.

Is there a way that my spreadsheet (with appropriate instructions) can be made freely available to other ZionWorx users - i'd be happy to supply it to anyone for their personal use?

:D
Hi Martin, I would love to have your spreadsheets it will help me with reporting to CLLI.
I am based in Durban, South Africa, we have the same problems here as you have described.
How do I go about getting a copy of your spreadsheet?

All the Best
Sem
sem
Junior

Postby MartinB » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Sem,

I have been in discussion with Christian (Zionworx developer / site admin) about having the utility added to the website. We are hoping to be able to agree to how this will happen in the near future. In the meantime if you send me a PM (personal message) with your email address, I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet along with instructions.

Unfortuately, I've only tested the spreadsheet with the UK English version of Office, so don't know if you will have any problems with a South African version, but as it only imports the xml files, I don't see that there should be a problem.

regards,
Martin
Martin Bloomfield
===============
York
MartinB
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support