Lines on the presentation screen

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Lines on the presentation screen

Postby Together » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Being new to Zionworx I am still learning, but would appreciate advice on one area where I am stuck.
In the current item box one hymn I entered is presented with several lines one one page but only one word on the next. I can adjust the split points according to the help page "Current item controls" to give a very satisfactory layout.

My question is How can this adjusted layout be saved to the database, so that next time the hymn is called up I do not have to adjust it all over again.
Together
Junior

Re: Lines on the presentation screen

Postby davepartridge » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:12 pm

I can't say that I've ever used that method to adjust the split points. The easiest way to adjust where the verses break up is to edit the song. Where you have a blank line between verses, ZionWorx will choose that as a place to break the verse onto another screen, unless the verse is very long. If you then save the song it will be saved to the database, and will always display with those break points.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Together wrote:...My question is How can this adjusted layout be saved to the database, so that next time the hymn is called up I do not have to adjust it all over again.

This is only a runtime layout change and is not possible to save to the database. As Dave mentions - putting line breaks in the actual database song and saving it is the only way to keep these
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Together » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks for your quick comments - I should hve no problem now.
Together
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support