Creating a Song Database

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Creating a Song Database

Postby Wayne » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi, We have just installed zionworx 2.5 as our first venture into song projection software. Can anyone help me on how to create a database of songs from a collelction of Word documents (circa 250) and then how to get these into the system.
Any help is greatly appreciated
God Bless
Wayne
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:26 pm

Copy and Paste.

There is something for version2 only that might do what you want.
I suppose you could use v2 then import using the utilities (see download page), then convert to 2.5.

If you do it manually, I reckon on 4 minutes per song on average - allowing for repeats, bridges and choruses and alternate endings. Of course if you let the projectionist do all the work, then maybe 2.5 minutes per song.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Wayne » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Thank you Jonathan.

Was rather hoping for a faster solution than 2-3 minutes for each of our 200 songs. Will try the V2 suggestion first and then resort to good old converting each page from .doc to .txt and then importing manually.

God Bless
Wayne
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:34 pm

Well, you wouldn't need to convet .doc to .txt. All the files I've worked with before have around 500 songs in them which I just used copy and paste on. Time consuming, but I went through each book and only used the ones we currently use or are likely to use. I then added in the chorus or other repeats as necessary, so that each song is in order, leaving the projectionist only having to press enter.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support