Latest version of MS PPT (Vista styled version)

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Latest version of MS PPT (Vista styled version)

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:13 pm

Apologies if there is a thread to this elsewhere (I tried a quick search and couldn't see anything related).

A fellow Baptist Church here in Edinburgh is using Zionworx 2.5 on a WinXP notebook for there Church services but they are having difficulty when they bring in there PowerPoint files -- the PowerPoint they are using is the latest version which has they restyled Vista layout.

I have tried to the PPT files that I use in my own Church (WinXP system running ZW2.5 & PPT XP) and the whole system grinds to a halt -- admitedly I have some animation setup in our PPT's whereas theirs is simpler backgrounds and text appearing in one go, but even their PPT files are taking quite a while to run when the play button is pressed.

I have recommended that they go back to the previous version of PPT and try again to see if this helps. But I thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has come across a conflict between this latest version of PPT and ZW2.5.

Thank you, in anticipation for reading this and offering any advice.

Ewan
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:27 pm

I don't know if this will nelp but you can save the files from Powerpoint 2007 to the previous versions format. When you save the file instead og going to SAVE go to SAVE AS and save to 1997 to 2003 presention. You should even be able to go back and save previous files also. Let me know if this helps.
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:34 pm

Thanks James for the reply post. I tried this but I think it was the fact that PowerPoint 2007 was controlling the slides. I recommended that they revert back to PowerPoint 2003 and I've just had an email from them to say that everything appears to be working now.
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support