Line Break Positions

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Line Break Positions

Postby peter60 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:06 am

I set up my Service List at home on the laptop and check that the line breaks correspond to sensible places. This usually equates to a font of Arial 40 point. When I get to Church and plug in our NEC projector, even though the font size hasn't changed, the line breaks are in a different place and I have to reduce the font to 36 or 34 point.

Why are the positions of the line breaks different when the projector is not plugged in?

(Windows Vista Home Premium on widescreen 1280x800 laptop, Zionworx 2.5, NEC 4:3 projector on VGA interface). The laptop cleverly shows a 4:3 aspect ratio preview screen on its widescreen display. Vista automatically recognises the make and model of projector when it is plugged in and sets itself up accordingly.
peter60
Junior

Postby brainier » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 am

A few questions?

I take it that you do not have a projector or second monitor at home which is plugged in when creating the service list. Can you clarify that please?

Do you take the laptop to church to use? I think this is what you mean below, or are you working on your home computer and then at church the church computer?

You state the resolution of the laptop display. What is the resolution of the projector display?

Are these two resolutions different and at home you have no second display? If so, the answer is easy - the line breaks are being configured to your laptop display resolution (as that is the only available display at home) but the projected output at church is at a different resolution and so line breaks or font must be changed.

To fix: either change the point of the line break/font when at home (guessing what is correct), or set the resolution of the laptop to the projectors resolution before starting Zionworx at home, or configure the line breaks at church, or get a second monitor/projector for home which operates on the same resolution as the church projector.

If two computers are in use, and if the projector resolution is the same as the laptop then check the margins as set in Zionworx > File > Preferences > Margins on the church computer. They might be different from the home computer, and so the top and left of the display area is in different places at home/church
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby peter60 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:53 am

I set up the Service List at home on the Church's 1280x800 laptop, obviously without being plugged into the projector. I believe the projector is either 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution. When I "clone displays" for projecting DVD video the laptop sets itself to 1024x768 so that the projector retains a perfect 4:3 aspect ratio.

I can understand that the Zionworx preview will attempt to mimic the fit to the laptop display without the projector being present. However, it still appears to retain the 4:3 aspect ratio in the preview window.

Your solution is pretty much what I have adopted intuitively: reduce the default point size so that it'll fit when the projector is plugged in. It just might mean a few last minute tweaks before the service begins!

Thanks for clarifying this.
peter60
Junior

Postby brainier » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:42 am

Ignore the preview window in Zionworx - it is 4:3 regardless of what the actual second monitor display is (and it does not always show what is actually on the second display)
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support