Altering Songs

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Altering Songs

Postby morvyn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:04 am

I have managed to add over 50 new songs to our database via the TXT2db conversion utility, however, I neglected to imput the songs numbers.

I have now done this on my home PC copy.

If I take my home PC database file and copy it onto the main PC version at our SA Hall, will Zionworxs automatically pick up the changes?
morvyn
Junior

Postby davepartridge » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:33 am

If you just copy the whole database folder and dump it onto the computer you're going to be using (whilst Zionworx is closed) in the correct folder then it should just work. Make sure that both computers are using the same version of the software.

This is something I've done on a couple of computers and it's worked no problem.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:43 am

Dave is right all you have to do is copy the data base and take it to the other computer. If I remember correctly however if there are new songs on your church computer that are not on your home computer they will be erased and you will have an exact copy of what is on your home computer on your church computer.
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Postby davepartridge » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:31 pm

jameshorsley1976 wrote:If I remember correctly however if there are new songs on your church computer that are not on your home computer they will be erased and you will have an exact copy of what is on your home computer on your church computer.
Yes, that's exactly how it will work.
davepartridge
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support