Please Help - Database locked or corrupted

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Please Help - Database locked or corrupted

Postby apwood » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:56 pm

I unsuccessfully tried to use the tdbDataX (Turbo Database Data Exchange) to export the song data to a text file. Every attempt came up with an exception or an error message (database in wrong format).

When I then tried to launch Zionworx it gave an error "Cannot open table. Error in login". I exited Zionworx, which automatically tried to update the full text index, and gave an error "cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset".

I do have a backup of sorts, but its several months old, losing me several hours of work.

1) Is there any way I get can my old database back?

2) Is there a way to export (or else copy to clipboard) the list of song titles held in the database (in the order they appear in the list in Zionworx) from the database?. Can someone tell me how to use the above tool to do this, or does it perhaps not work in Windows XP? I don't want to have to buy TurboDB.

It may seem a strange request, but this is the reason:

I'm using a program called Girder to allow Zionworx to be fully controlled via a remote control. I'd like people to do this rather than having to sit in front of a laptop, so they can play a more full part in worship. Using a scripting language called LUA, Girder will allow song titles to be displayed on the projection screen (in a small font at the bottom) and then scrolled through to allow the person to pick a new song via the remote control.

For example if they they press "1", wait a seconnd and then "1" "1", it would display songs beginning with "ab". They could then use arrow keys to scroll through these songs, and press Enter when they find the song they want - the song would then either be projected immediately or added to the playlist.

By the way - here's some suggested enhancments to Zionworx to allow it to be more easily controlled through Girder and similar programs - either ensure each child window haS a unique name or classname (so you can easily find the window handle and not accidentally get the wrong window) and /or ensure each window can be called via unique keystroke combination, or alternatively if possilble each childwindow should only have one parent. An interface to allow messages to be sent to and received directly from Girder / LUA would be nice, but I guess that's asking too much! Similarly it would be useful if the various prefernces controls could be access directly - the only way I could do this (to access the fade settings) was by simulating mouse activity - which is risky. (I've created a remote control button to toggle fades on and off, as a few time during a service, despite testing, they have taken too long, so it would have been useful to turn them off - also occasionally the operator might choose to make a song appear immediately rather than fading.
apwood
Intermediate

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:06 pm

I have used turbo db5 for .net which only requires you to buy to make applications not run them, so there should be no cost to you. I am using it with xp sp2 ok.
Sounds like the database is corrupt, not sure how you would repair it other than by restore. By not following standard procedures in backups, you are in a pickle and may have to simply restore your database from the last good one. Not helpful, I know, but you may just have to bite the bullet.
There are some instructions here on exporting using turbodb 5.0.6

http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=539

You would need
select Title1 from maintable order by Title1
for what you want to do.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:15 am

You can also try to open the file MainTable.blb using notepad (you may also find a better program). This way you will see what you have added in the way of text, then at least you can copy and paste with a bit of editing.

Happy New Year!
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support