PC monitor same as Big screen

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PC monitor same as Big screen

Postby Malcolm Armstrong » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:42 am

Hi,
I'm having trouble learning the basics with this software. I have been having some success learning the lyric selection and editing and setting up a song or two, but I haven't been able to even do the basic operation of going from verse to verse in a song- except in the operator's screen mode.
I can display song lyrics with different backgrounds OK through the projector but the PC screen is the same. I can't manage to separate the presentation screen from the operator's screen. They are layered on the PC . I have used F2 to toggle between them but how do I tell the PC to split the display functions as this is basic to a program like Zionworx?
I had the church's worship PC on today, running Win2000Prof with Zionworx 2.5, and the data projector on. Went to this forum and read some of the posts re dual graphics card which we have, and going to settings/display/extended desktop instructions etc., but to no avail!
As you can see computing doesn't come easy to me but I am willing to learn!
Thanks for providing this ministry and especially the forum.
Malcolm Armstrong
Malcolm Armstrong
Junior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:38 am

Are you running Zionworx on a laptop or desk top.They handle dual monitors differently.
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Postby Malcolm Armstrong » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:29 am

Hi James,
Thanks for your reply - I am using a Desk top PC in the church worship area, not a laptop.
Malcolm Armstrong
Malcolm Armstrong
Junior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:27 pm

When you go to start/control panel/display/settings when you see the two rectngles are they both Lit. If they are not more than likely monitor 1 is lit and 2 is not. Right click on the #2 monitor and when the dialogue box comes up select attached then aply and ok. Make sure you are connected to the projector when you do this and it should read the projector. If that does not help please give us a little more detail on exactly what you have done
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Big screen same as PC screen

Postby Malcolm Armstrong » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:32 am

Hi James,
I tried what you said but no change in PC monitor displaying same as Projector screen. Is there a basic procedure I'm missing here?
I went to control panel/display/settings but there is only one monitor shown in this window.
If I go to settings tab as you said, then click Advanced it shows me multiple tabs of which one is "Displays". When I click this a window shows displaying a "Scheme" i.e Dual clone display or Default monitor display or Single monitor display. there is a hotkey field showing CNTRL+ALT+D(or S) Under this are 4 monitor icons. Two at top are Monitors, two at bottom are TV and FPD. I've fiddled with these but I can't get Zionworx to separate operator's screen from presentation screen.
I went to Device Manager and the Data Projector isn't listed (I had it turned on during this session). I clicked on Display Adaptors but nothing listed for projector.
We are running MSWin2000 v5.00.2195 service pack4 and a Radeon dual graphics card on a Desktop PC.
Can you give me the basic steps for running a service list of songs. Is it hitting the enter key that advances to the next 'slide?'
Thanks for your help on this!
Malcolm Armstrong
Malcolm Armstrong
Junior

Postby brainier » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36 pm

In the Advanced > Display's property sheet that you described above is the On button selected for both the Monitor areas? The On button is the green circle icon to the top left of the picture showing the monitors, and as you have two monitors, both should be on. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the projector needs to be on (and possibly turned on and plugged in before you booted the computer - some graphic's cards need it done this way around).

Once both monitors are listed as On, clicking the word Monitor above each picture gives you advanced settings like max. resolution - this might be necessary later, but not for now.

The text next to each monitor should read a resolution size (in the form of 1000x2000 - but your numbers will be different than this example) and under these number the frequency (60Hz for example) and under that a toggle button 1|2. One monitor (probably the left hand one, but maybe not) will have 1 pressed and the other have 2 pressed)

Click Apply, then change to the Monitor tab - do you get two entries in the Monitor Type area. If so, click each and choose properties. The resulting dialog should list each monitor as "Use this device (enable)" near the bottom of this dialog - though this whole description is based on Windows XP so it might be different on Windows 2000. Close these popup dialogs when done.

Back in the Advanced dialog (the one with lots of tabs, and the ATI red icon on most of them) and select the Overlay tab. The Theater Mode Options button should work and the Overlay Display Mode should be Theatre Mode.

Click OK to take you back to Display Properties - do you see two monitors now? If so, 2 should be to the right of 1 and clicking Identify should write a large 1 on the operator monitor and a large 2 on the projection screen - ensure that the input for the projector is set to VGA or SVGA or Computer and not TV or other input (such as Auto). This is done on the projectors control panel or remote control.

Click OK. If it has worked to this point, now you can start Zionworx's. Do not run Zionworx when only one screen is operational - it does not then notice the second screen. Also do not change the screen resolution whilst Zionworx is running.

And finally, yes <Enter> or <Space> moves to the next verse and <F4> moves to the next item in the playlist. Note that when you add the first song/playlist item to the current item list (where you see all the verses) you need to double-click this first verse with a mouse - a bug in Zionworx's does not cue the first selected song correctly.

To display the song on the projector you need to press <F12> to "go live" and <F10> to stop song projection. <F11> will allow you to leave the background and just remove the lyrics.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

PC monitor same as big screen

Postby Malcolm Armstrong » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:16 am

A big thank you to James and Brian for your help with this. We have just updated the operating system in our church's PC to XP over the weekend and it has solved my problem.
With the projector on I went to control panel/display/settings and saw the 2 monitor icons 1 & 2 so I right clicked the second monitor and selected "attached" and all went well - now it's working! PC monitor displays the operator screen and the big screen is in presentation/on air display.
Once again my sincere thank you to James and Brian for your time in replying to me. You have taken me a step closer to mastering this great program.
Malcolm Armstrong
Malcolm Armstrong
Junior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:33 pm

That's great Malcolm. This is a great program and i going to get better. Christian andd the gang have done a great job. If you have any morequestions just post. There are some really media savvy guys that can help. By the way what version of windows were you running that the second monitor did not show up.
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Postby brainier » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:50 am

He said he was using Windows 2000 Professional in the first post of this thread.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support