Powerpoint Viewer

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint Viewer

Postby bbl » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:27 pm

We are currently planning to throw out PowerPoint and switch to presentation software that is better suited for our needs. Zionworx is a hot candidate, mainly because of it's price. However, I see the advantage of beeing able to show ppt slides as many visiting teams bring them and much of the information we want to give can be presentet well.

In the documentations it says that we need a full installation of ppt to be able to show such slides. Does this exclude the Powerpoint Viewer? (I guess this is why it is written this way, but I have to ask.)
Have a magnificent day!

Bjørn B. Larsen
Betel Pentecostal Church, Trondheim, Norway
bbl
Junior

Postby paulstokes » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Someone else will give a definitive answer about full PPT. But...

We use PPT most weeks and do not run it through Zionworx - we simply have the PPT show running as well. When ZW is selected on the control screen, then the songs are displayed. When the PPT icon is selected on the control screen, then the PPT is displayed.
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Postby brainier » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:31 pm

The viewer is not controllable remotely using other applications, whereas the full product is. That means that you can write scripts and applications to drive PowerPoint but the same scripts/applications cannot control the viewer
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby mikeyp » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm

powerpoint viewer cannot use dual screen.
zionworx requires dual screen...
mikeyp
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support