File Preferences

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

File Preferences

Postby IanL » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 am

I have been using Version 2.5.06 for some time now. I have just discovered that the font and background colours set up under File/Preferences/Display don't appear to have any effect on the default display. I understand styles ok and assumed this setting was automatically assigned to the default style (Blank entry in the Style Combo box). Can someone elighten me please?

Thanks in anticipation!!!
IanL
Intermediate

Postby Jonathan Hills » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:34 pm

If you change the point size and font, you will find that the credits (title, written by, copyright) at the bottom of the secondary display alter.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby IanL » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 am

Thanks Jonathan - we don't normally display Copyright info etc so I never thought of looking at that!!!

Regards
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby brainier » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:39 am

Unless you sing exclusively Public Domain songs, then you are legally required to do this - though the message that Zionworx puts on the screen is technically wrong (it says "words and music by" when it is just the words that are being copied (i.e. displayed) and so just needs the authors name displayed on every screen along with CCLI licence info if relevant.

Brian
brainier
Expert User

Postby IanL » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:06 am

We sing a mixture , but I would assume if the message displayed is incorrect then technically everyone using Zionworx is in breach of copyright law to some extent?
IanL
Intermediate

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:53 am

From the CCLI license agreement

5.5 The Church shall ensure that every reproduced
version of a Song produced in exercise of any of the
Rights shall contain the full and correct song title,
writer, credit(s) and copyright notice (all of which
information is contained in the Song Reference List)
in substantially the following form:
"[Song Title]" words and music by [writer(s)]
[year] [name of copyright owner]
Used By Permission. CCL Licence No. [ ]

Interpret that how you may... :)
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby IanL » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:21 am

Thanks for the info Chris - don't wish to be pedantic but how can we attribute "words and music" to a particular writer if they have had no involvement in the music? Can I be sued for breach of copyright by the composer!!! :oops:
On a slightly more serious note - point taken - I'll start doing the right thing - "ignorance is no excuse etc etc"

Thanks again
IanL
Intermediate

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:33 am

I have no idea what to put in - perhaps suprisingly I'm not pedantic enough to worry too much about how much sense the actual copyright statement reads :). Some people also notice the lack of a space between the 'by' and name which I didn't until someone mentioned it.

My suggestion if it concerns people that someone may be getting too much credit to also put the composer in the 'author' section. There seem to be a number of songs that are collaborated on and it's hard to know who does how much or what part. Technically, as I understand it, to present the lyrics of a song in a public service, all you have to do is follow what has been laid out by CCLI. They do provide some good tools on their website to be able to track down details around songs.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby IanL » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 am

I agree on that one - I am always conscious that whatever we do, people concentrate on what they are singing, and are not distracted by other info, fancy backgrounds etc.
Now I have to edit a lot of our hymns to add the relevant info - DOH!
IanL
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support