Powerpoint with video...

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint with video...

Postby aaronrules » Mon May 15, 2006 10:53 pm

Last Sunday I tried to play a powerpoint slide show that had a Windows Media Format video on it....the display through the projector would do everyslide except for the ones with the video...we got sound...but no video! Everything else with ZW/Powerpoint works but no video. When I tried to just open Powerpoint and get it display, it wouldn't even go through the projector. We are using the latest version of Powerpoint as we just got a new computer. I was freaking out as I didn't make sure everything would work before hand. The video played fine through Windows Media Player through the projector...but it didn't look very good.

Is there a setting on either Powerpoint or ZW that I am missing?
aaronrules
Junior

Postby mikeyp » Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 am

powerpoint really doesn't like wmv files... we discovered the best files to play are mpeg1 as they start straight away, and play without fuss...
mikeyp
Intermediate

Postby aaronrules » Wed May 17, 2006 9:45 pm

hmmmm...that's odd....i don't think i ever had a problem before...i will try to run a mpeg through tonight to see if that's it!
aaronrules
Junior

Postby ovoskeuiks » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:49 pm

Quite often I've found some machines when running in a dual head configuration like what is required for zionworx won't have hardware acceleration on the second head this can prevent things like wmv's playing

You could try disabling hardware acceleration and see if that has some effect

Cheers
Noel
ovoskeuiks
Junior

Postby jnimmo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:08 am

Were you trying to advance to the next slide by double clicking on the slide in the thumbnails to the left, or by clicking the arrow to advance to the next slide.
I have a problem where if you advance slides by double clicking on the thumbnail, very unpredictable things can happen, i.e. 2 out of 3 pictures showing up and the black background showing as white.
Found out the problem can be avoided by pressing the advance arrow (onscreen).
jnimmo
Junior

Video in Powerpoint

Postby morvyn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:14 pm

I have had similar problems with this, but one of the things I did was to upgrade the Windows Media Player on the PC to the latest version possible, as I was informed that if you use Windows Media Encoder/Movie Maker to make you WMV files, apparently it will encode them to version 9 when your PC might be only running version 7, (if this makes any sense).

You might like to try running videos in Powerpoint outside of ZW. I tried to get some animated GIF's running within ZW and when they didn't, I tried outside and it worked!

Perhaps a media tab could be included on the wishlist for one of the next releases.
morvyn
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support