What is stored where?

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

What is stored where?

Postby vetto » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:27 pm

I have a few zionworx architecture questions:

The songs themselves are in the "data" folder in TurboDB files I gather...
I looked at the xml files for each song set and see margins, bg, and other stuff there...therein lies my confusion

Is the background, margins, alignment, font, color, etc. for a particular song tied to the song in the database? or is it defined set by set?

If I run the software at home to build up the song database and set the margins fonts and the like, and then I need to transfer it to the church for presentation...what do I have to transfer? only the data folder? the data folder and settings.ini file?

I hope that made some sense...
vetto
Senior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:00 pm

The settings you have for each song are in the the xml file for that play list. However if you load them from the songs list they will only have the default style applied to them (or whatever style you choose). So the same song can have many styles but this info is not in the song database.

As to building up things at home. I would suggest that you only do the songs text and do the rest at church. This is for 2 reasons: one, you may be using different resolutions at home to church; two, the colours you have on your monitor will be different to the church monitor and different again to the projector colours. So, what may seem a good background at home will not necessarily be as good at church.
(This is also true for powerpoint presentations)

However if you want to transfer files, you would need:
margins.ini
settings.ini
styles.ini
\backgrounds
\data
Backup the zionworx folder before you start!
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby vetto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Thanks...That is what I thought.

That datbase contains only the song text, the applied styles are contained in each created set.

Since the folder structures are the same on both machines (except the database), I can transfer the "data" folder and the set's xml file and the *.ini files and that should work...

I would like a "export" feature to facilitate this type of mainenance between two machines. Would this feature be useful to others or only me?
vetto
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support