Converting PPT

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Converting PPT

Postby xero » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm

i was wondering what type of files does Zionworx use, so i can convert it from PPT to the file that i need....

Thank You
xero
Junior

Postby Pete » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Zionworx just runs stright powerpoint, for presentations and a database for the song words. A search of the forum will reveal the database type i know it has been mentioned several times but can't remember off the top of my head.
Pete
Intermediate

"File" type

Postby AliBy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:34 am

ZionWorx uses TurboDB. There are a number of tools and accessories that can be downloaded from that site (check Google).
PowerPoint has no inteligent form of content management or format :roll: and so I don't think you will find a method of extracting the slide data and converting that - withhout some hardcore programing.
I expect the fastest way to convert your ppt database is going to be cut-and-paste from PPT into ZionWorx.
That said however, it is certainly worth while doing a database search on this forum to see if you can find someone who has walked that road. :)
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby brainier » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:54 pm

You could export the PPT content to a Word file, and it would be easier to write a macro or adjust the Songs Of Fellowship scripts on this site to content stored in Word than content stored in PowerPoint.

The latest version of PowerPoint allows the export of the text by using the File|Save As diaglog. Choose to save as Outline/RTF. Earlier versions of PowerPoint (but I cannot remember when the change occured) used the File|Export menu item
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby joe.p » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:22 am

i am trying to convert my powerpoints to zionworx format as well usin the zionworx PPT thumbnail renamer. but i don't know what the file association is for turboDB format. if anybody could help i would be very grateful.
joe.p
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support