How to enable dual monitor operation

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

How to enable dual monitor operation

Postby pdevivo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:40 pm

After trying for half an hour and reading the FAQ and all the posts about enabling dual monitor service with Zionworx 2.5, I finally figured it out and decided that nowhere did I find the complete instruction for doing so. Herewith is my attempt for the benefit of other new users.

1. Your computer must have a dual output video card; most laptops do. Go to Display Properties...Settings. You should see two monitor icons (blue rectangles) labeled 1 and 2. Make sure monitor 1 is on the left and monitor 2 is on the right.

2. Click monitor 2 and check "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". You should now see a blank desktop screen (without icons) on monitor 2.

3. Start Zionworx. The screen on monitor 2 will go dark. In Zionworx, get the lyrics to display on the bottom center of the screen. Press F12 (show background and text). Lyrics will show full-screen on monitor 2. Alternatively, press F11 to show background only on monitor 2, or press F10 to fade to black. There are also buttons on the right side of the button bar to do this.
pdevivo
Junior

Postby mikeyp » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:28 pm

I used to have this problem, where despite clicking enable the projector would not come up.

It took me a while to figure out, but the projector has to be plugged in AND on BEFORE you boot for the laptop to pick it up at all... So once you have plugged in your laptop and the projector is on, turn on the laptop from cold (NOT hibernate/standby/whatever) and it should work.

as soon as I figred this out, the second screen would enable with no trouble.
mikeyp
Intermediate

Postby vetto » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:23 am

I noticed that I could only use the projector on "monitor 2" as it seems that Zionworx outputs to that only, depsite my selecting 2 as primary and 1 as the extended monitor.

I selected 1 as primary and 2 as the extended monitor and all was well...
vetto
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support