Chinese Character Set Problem with XP

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Chinese Character Set Problem with XP

Postby limliat » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:40 am

Just upgraded from Window/ME to Window/XP Pro.
Zionworx 2.5 works well on Win/ME but has problem with XP Pro for Chinese Songs.
The songs and display all works well in XP Pro except when I want to save the play list also called the service list.

If the song title contains Chinese characters and when I save the list, the characters got converted into ? marks. So when I open the saved list, Zionworx will report errors that the songs were not found, since the songs title now becomes ? ? ? ....

So for XP and Zionworx 2.5, I cannot save the song list and reuse them. At present, I have to interactively select the songs and move to the play list everytime!

Anyone experience the same problem ? How to fix it. Thanks!
limliat
Junior

Postby Christian » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi Lim,

You're absolutely right - this is a bug that needs fixing and apologies for the incovenience it's causing you. We have added the problem to our issues tracker and will include a fix in the next maintenance release.

However it's really good to know that somebody is using Chinese songs and putting ZionWorx through it's paces!

P.S. If you would be interested in translating the ZionWorx GUI into Chinese then please let us know :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Postby kokhon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:37 am

Hi Lim,

I've encountered the same problem too. So while waiting for the bug fix I just ask my operators team to just leave the pc on throughout the service. In anycase they are not using the pc for a period of time, I just ask them to turn off the pc in hibernate mode. Then they can get back all their settings when they turn it back on later.

Or leave the Chinese characters out from the song titles if posibble...

Hope that helps. :wink: [/u]
kokhon
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support