Slow fade with large hymn verses??

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Slow fade with large hymn verses??

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:29 pm

Has anyone noticed that when words which use up a lot of the screen take a noticably long time to fade away. When we use Zionworx, Dad is operating the computer beside the PA System and I am playing the Organ -- the fade is a good signal to remind me when we have sung the last verse (especially on hymns with a large number of verses, or complicated chorus/ verse arrangements). The last verse can take approx. 5-8 seconds if there is a lot of words on the screen.

Any comments/ thoughts would be appreciated. I've just downloaded (01/02/2006) the 2.5 update so I will try install this in time for this Sunday.

Thanks again for such a brilliant piece of software.

Ewan
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Postby brainier » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:21 pm

Remember to test the new installation before you use it, and only use it on Sunday if you are comfortable with it. There have been a few posts on this site about problems with 2.5 because people expected it to do exactly the same as 2.0, but in some respects it does not.

So test that the application does as you need before upgrading your church computer.

In 2.5 fade speed is effected by background image size, so check other posts on this site for information about that.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby wes » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 pm

re fade times, this has not presented any problem for us (have you adjusted the fade rate?

as an organist/keyboard player normally playing without music books but following the words from the screen, I also need to know when we've reached the end of a long song or hymn. For all such songs, I have inserted after the last line of the last verse, 3 dots, which is a simple but effective signal to me (and also if the projection operator is a little slow to fade the screen, the congregation also know we've sung the last verse).

So it looks like eg;

"praise with us the God of grace.
... "

Hope that helps

Wes
wes
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support