Parenthesis in song title

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Parenthesis in song title

Postby wes » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:35 pm

Help...

encountered a problem whilst trying to quickly add a song before yesterday's service.

I mistyped the song title by inserting a bracket '(' at the beginning of the title instead of the intended capital 'I'. Didn't notice this until the song was saved and then couldn't find it in the normal alphabetic listing. Then discovered it showing right at the top of the song list before the A's.

Tried to open the song to correct the title but got message that the title does not exist. I can call the title across to the play list but it still won't open.

So I tried to delete it but got same message that the title cannot be found.

Is there an easy way to get at this elusive title (or to delete it) or will I have to restore my database from the previous backup copy?

Wes
wes
Junior

Postby brainier » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:00 pm

Restore, unless you can find it by its Alternative Title and open it from there
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Jonathan Hills » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:35 pm

You can download Turbodb from http://www.turbodb.com.
This enables you to see the tables used to make up the song titles. You can then directly edit the titles and remove the brackets.
Make a backup before you start.

Also handy for digging out an electronic list of songs held.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby wes » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:28 pm

thanks for suggestion of turbodb. Tried to download but then realised I also need net.framework 1.1 from Microsoft. Not being a techie, at that point I chickened out and decided the simplest way was to restore the earlier backup.

I printed off comparative title listings from the current database and compared that to the backup version. I copied and pasted the additional songs to Word, then pasted those back into the restored backup database.

Everything now seems ok.

Wes

PS - I will have a go with net.framework and turbodb when I've got a bit more time to play..... Thanks...
wes
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support