Common Worship

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Common Worship

Postby mike in aldridge » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:46 pm

I am putting together a system for a contemporary Anglican Church in England. Has anyone put Common Worship liturgy on ZionWorx who would be willing to send me a copy.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael C Jones
mike in aldridge
Junior

Postby webmaster » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:15 pm

This would infringe copyright.

Be careful.....!

Regards
Edd Stonham
webmaster
Site Admin

re copyright

Postby mike in aldridge » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Having read the rest of the site since placing the message I take the point re copyright. However as the churches I am involved in fully pay our licenses, pay £170,000 per annum to anglican coffers and are in a diocese that encourages entrepreneurial mission, in reality it would not be an issue.
However I know that not everyone does things correctly and liturgy exchange can't be encouraged. However, given the number of churches currently moving over to projection systems, If I had the time it would be interesting to see if the liturgy which is currently a free anglican rtf download could also be downloaded free as a zionworx download. This would encourage more use of zionworx and save a lot of time for people like me who try and mix the best of liturgy with the best of contemporary worship
Mike
Michael C Jones
mike in aldridge
Junior

Postby paulstokes » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:51 pm

:D HI... off topic, but seeing your location sparked memories. I went to Aldridge YF in my teenage years (lived in Walsall), and my sister-in-law converted there some years ago. Now she's moved to the Westcountry and commutes to our church in Plymouth. Thanks guys, and many blessings on your fellowship!

:roll: ....on topic - I thought local CoE's were part of the national CoE and therefore the national resources belong to all of you? But that's taking me into reminiscing about nonconformist relations with parish churches in days of yore, and they weren't always pretty.
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Re: re copyright

Postby wnp » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:43 am

mike in aldridge wrote:If I had the time it would be interesting to see if the liturgy which is currently a free anglican rtf download could also be downloaded free as a zionworx download.

CW is actually available both in RTF and in HTML formats; to make this available for Zionworx while avoiding copyright problems would be to write a converter utility from one of the available formats into a Zionworx database.

I guess VB would be a way for Windows types to approach this; as a UNIX person I would use Perl (even on Windows; ActivePerl is freely available and works quite well).
wnp
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support