Why do I get a blue preview area without content?

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Why do I get a blue preview area without content?

Postby Timo Körber » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:20 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question: When I run ZionWorks and display a song, and push F12 (Show background and text) the blue preview area in the lower center of the Zionorks workspace remains unchanged. Presumably the display page which is also displayed fullscreen on the second monitor (I haven't been able to hook up a second monitor yet) should appear in this area. How can I get a preview of the show onto the preview area? Thanks, Timo
Timo Körber
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:17 am

Hi Timo,

The preview area displays exactly what is being output to the 2nd Monitor. The problem you describe comes from the fact that when you load the 1st song for display (into the "current song" area) you need to hit the enter key to send the 1st verse/section to the preview area, which can then be displayed by hitting F12.

You carry on going through the song in the same way, just by pressing the Enter key, and you should find that the verses change on the preview area as well as on the 2nd monitor.

Note: This is only the case for the 1st song that is displayed each time after you load Zionworx, and the rest of the songs displayed will automatically load the 1st verse.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby IanL » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:49 am

Chris/Tim - Just to clarify - the problem is that with V2.5 unless you are hooked up to a 2nd screen (or use the F2 Preview screen function on your primary screen) the preview screen within Zionworx (below the Display Status indicators) does not show anything.
Hope this helps!

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Hi Ian,

I am not using a 2nd monitor and the preview screen works absolutely fine even without using the F2 functionality.

To achieve this, I simply load a song by double clicking it in the Songs Database and then double click it in the play list. After that I simply press enter and the 1st verse of the song is shown in the preview area!

Strange if this doesn't work for you!

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby IanL » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:41 am

Hi Chris - yes certainly strange!!! Can anyone on the Zionworx team shed any light on this?

Just to clarify - the display preview screen below the status bars does not work unless I am actually hooked up to a 2nd monitor.

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby Christian » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:02 pm

Mmmm! :?

I guess this is something to do with the way your graphics card drivers are handling 'dual monitors'. Not heard of this before... What graphics card does your machine have?
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support