Access violation when altering margins

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Access violation when altering margins

Postby zbnet » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:54 pm

I'm sometimes getting an Access violation error at address 004D80F4 in module 'ZionWorx.exe', read of address 00000030 (version 2.5.06, running under XP SP2).

I have had this a few times now, I think always at the same place. I'll describe what I'm doing.

I am using ZW for both songs and Scripture. I load readings into the song database, and adding them to the service list just like another song, but because we read Scripture sitting down, and sing standing up, I have a default style (for songs) with one set of margins (basically to get the words as high as possible on the screen), and a Reading style with different margins (to put the text further down the screen). So when I assemble the service list, I leave the default style set, and add all the items from the song database (including the reading, because it's quicker like that) then I go back and try and change the style of the reading. Mostly applying the style works okay, but occasionally it won't. So I select the reading, and try and manually alter the margins in the Preferences setting - when okaying the new margins is when I get the above access violation error. Dismissing the error doesn't seem to crash ZW, it carries on running but without the new margin settings I'm trying to apply to the Reading. I get the same access violation every time I attempt to change the margins after that
zbnet
Junior

Postby Christian » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:35 pm

Mmmm.... :?

Thanks for reporting this - we'll look into what's going on.

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby IanL » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:42 am

Zbnet/Christian - I reportted the same bug back in September last year (link below). Never found a solution - Zionworx appears to carry on successfully if the dialog box OK button is clicked and closed.

http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
IanL
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support