Crashing PowerPoint Requires Zionworx Restart

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Crashing PowerPoint Requires Zionworx Restart

Postby brainier » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:47 pm

PPT crashed during the service today, and as it was being driven through Zionworx all the PPT options in Zionworx remained gray and therefore it was not possible to start PowerPoint again and resume running it through Zionworx.

So Zionworx had to be restarted also.

If I decide not to restart Zionworx (for example to run PPT directly) then I cannot display any songs in Zionworx until I restart ZW anyway as the display window seems to be locked to showing PowerPoint and so a restart of Zionworx is required.

Any way around this?

As an aside to this, a new song had been added into Zionworx before the service started and on closing Zionworx it ran the database index update even though this setting is specifically disabled. As the computer we use is old and slow this meant that restarting Zionworx and opening the presentation took about four minutes - right in the middle of the sermon!
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby paulstokes » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:10 pm

For the time being, as a workaround, don't run PPT through ZW - just load up both programmes. Any problems with either will be restricted to that one alone.
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Postby Christian » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Thanks for these bug reports - they've been added to our issues tracker.

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support