PowerPoint Opens in a Window Before Going Fullscreen

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PowerPoint Opens in a Window Before Going Fullscreen

Postby brainier » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:21 pm

Sometimes (most of the time) when a slideshow is started from within Zionworx's it appears as a window on the presentation display and then becomes fullscreen.

If I use PowerPoint directly it does not do this.

Can this be changed so that it always opens to the full screen directly and not via the window?
Last edited by brainier on Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby chris_h62 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:59 am

I reported this problem during the Beta testing stage of the 2.5.05 release and I believe the reason it occurs has something to do with this being necessary for ZW to put the PP show onto the 2nd monitor without the user having to set in themself within PP. This was deemed especially important for users with PP 97, which does not save the preferred "Display on" screen within the save file. For this to occur, the PP show must 1st be started before it can then be bound to the ZW presenter form.

The effects of this are that on later versions of PP (say PP2003) the PP show is opened in a window before going full screen. To get around this annoying, yet essential quirk, if you are using one of these later versions, you should set the PP show to display on the Primary Monitor (that with the ZW operator screen on) and ZW will automatically display it on the 2nd Monitor. In this case, the PP show will start and open in a window on the operator screen and then go full screen straight away on the PResentation screen. The advantage of this is that you don't get the unprofessional look of it displaying in a window and then full screen taking place in front of the congregation. All that will then be displayed on the output screen is the full PP show.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby brainier » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:38 am

OK, that works, except you do not save the display screen with the PPT file but it is a per user setting for the application saved in the registry.

Therefore if I set PowerPoint (this refers to PowerPoint 2000) to use the Primary Monitor and start the slideshow from inside Zionworx then the window appears on the management screen before going fullscreen on the projected display - all well and good, with no odd looking window on the projected display before going fullscreen.

BUT, if I now run a slideshow outside of Zionworx it displays on the management screen!

I am going to add to the wishlist forum that this is something that can become version dependant. So only do the window if PP 97 is running, but if a later version of PP is instantiated by Zionworx then do not do the window, so that the display settings of PP can be set to the secondary display and optionally allow the use of the PP Presenter view on the management station
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support