Saving Problem

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Saving Problem

Postby kokhon » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:00 am

Thank you first of all for such a great software and and took such a great deal of time to include unicode features in the latest version.

However I do encounter some problems with ver 2.5.06. Not sure if it is a bug. I use the software to project out songs in both language, Chinese and English together at the same time. The problems that I encounter is..

a) I can't change the font default setting (i.e. the colour and the font size.) So evertime we load the software we have to change the font size and colour song by song.

b) I can't load from the songlist I saved correctly. When I have done all my settings for a particular service (i.e. font size, the different image for all the songs), when I save it it will automatically save as .xml file. When I click the saved file directly, it will launch a web browser programme. But I can work around it by opening the file thru zionworx. However it displays this message "There were errors in opening the playlist. Unable to load some of the items". The songs were displayed, however all my settings were turned back to default.

Apart from these problems, Zionworx works flawlessly. Thank you for your great effort.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition with Athlon 64 processor and 512MB RAM
kokhon
Junior

Postby Christian » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:10 am

Hello kokhon!

It's great to here from somebody who is benefitting from the new Unicode features in v2.5 with a multi-lingual congregation - fantastic!

About your first question, you need to assign the 'default style'.

1. Load any song and setup the font/size/colour/background as you want.
2. Click the 'Save current style' icon which is at the bottom right of the service list window.
3. Select 'Default' and click 'OK' - when asked to confirm click 'Yes'.

Now every song that is aded to a service list will use this new 'default style'. You can also save other styles and give them custom names too using the same procedure, then you can apply these to songs quickly.

About your second question, please can you send me the service file that is failing (to my email address) and I will investigate what is going wrong. Does this error happen all the time or is it just occasionally?

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby kokhon » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:35 am

Thanks Chris!

I managed to set the theme to default style.

As for the service file error, yes it happens only if Chinese songs are included in the list. I will email to you right away.

Thanks a lot again. Am really grateful :o
kokhon
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:04 pm

As a point to note also - xml is a standard file type and double clicking it in windows will open the program set by default to handle those files... usually Internet Explorer. So opening the file from ZionWorx (the way you are doing it) is the only way at present to open a playlist.

When the playlist is loaded ZionWorx checks through the list of songs. The error you are getting "There were errors in opening..." occurs when ZionWorx is unable to find a play list song in the songs database. This can happen if you have saved a play list and then deleted a song or changed its name before you reopen the play list. The song that is unable to be found should appear with a greyed icon.

If this is not the case (ie. all the songs are in the songs database with the same name) then there may be an issue in ZionWorx with matching completely unicode names which then we will need to have a look at.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby kokhon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:26 am

Thanks for the input. I think I will set Zionworx as the default software for opening a .xml file as my pc is set for songs projection only, no web browsing.

I still has my songs in the database, and there is no grey icon. The songs were listed, however the Chinese words appear with this ????????? on the songlist box. It could be a problem with Zionworx matching to unicode as you have said. :)
kokhon
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:37 am

Setting ZionWorx as default for xml still will not work as the default program has to handle the file being passed to it when opening (which ZionWorx currently does not do)

Would you be able to zip your entire Data directory pls and email it through to me along wich a service xml file. We would need to have the song data as well to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Chris
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby kokhon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:32 am

Ok.

Thanks a lot!! :D
kokhon
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support