conversion of sof files

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

conversion of sof files

Postby daveleys » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:05 am

I am a newbie to zionworx but am competent in word and excel. Having just obtained the sof music books with cd roms I want to load these into zionworx. Having read some of the posts below it seems that there are some problems and fixes are being looked at.
My question is: faced with over 1600 songs to put into zionworx is there anyway of doing it rather than cutting and pasting each song (I think line by line)I know sof comes in rtf format - is this the best format to work from? if saved to word or excel are there any quick wins to be had. Any help appreciated.
daveleys
Junior

Postby webmaster » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:18 pm

in our downloads area we have some third party utils which have instructions that tell you how to do this.

Once you have converted into the Zionworx version 2 database it needs to be converted to the Version 2.5 database.

We plan to maybe have some utils to do this in the future.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Similar Problem

Postby normington » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Hi,

I have a similar problem to daveleys but insted of sof words, I need to get the words from the Spring Harvest 2005/6 Music Book. The book comes with a CD-rom with several items on it. It has a folder with all the words of every song in the book inside. All the files are saved as separate .txt files, and I was wondering whether it was possible to add these to the zionworks 2.5 database. When you add a song, you can, obviously, import the words into the lyrics box, but then you still have to type the title, alternative title, writer, and copyright information into the relevant boxes manually. I really havent got time to do this 130ish times. Is it possible to take all the .txt files, and convert them all into a Zionworx 2.5 Database?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Andrew Normington
normington
Junior

Converting Text Files

Postby NACarter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:02 am

Hi Andrew,

You may still want to look at my SoF conversion utility. It creates a set of .txt files from the Word document and then combines that into a database (version 2 format). You should look at the Python script (the one ending in .py) to see what I do with the .txt files - you may need to tweak it a bit, depending on how your files are formatted.

Nick
NACarter
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support