Importing Songs from other files

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Importing Songs from other files

Postby dparker » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:17 am

Hi,

I wish to add quite a number of newer songs into our database and wondered if someone can tell me how to use the 'import' functions. Does this allow someone to type them in a raw format into somelike like Word and then fire then all across in bulk.

If this can be done, then what is the format for typing them i.e. do you need any special characters to define title / artist etc.

Thanks

David
dparker
Junior

Postby intuitas » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:29 am

Hi David,

The database is in dBase 111 format so you will need something which reads and writes this format. Excel and Access are the obvious Microsoft contenders. The equivalent applications in Open office (free software) may do the same - I am going to investigate this for these and PowerPoint compatibility although its not at the top of my priority list.

Read the topic on importing using Access queries further down this forum list. If you want more information on using Excel or Access to do this let me know.

Regards,

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support