Intermittent error messages

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Intermittent error messages

Postby dparker » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:51 pm

Hi,

I am a new user to Zionworks, we are still testing our laptop / Zionworks / projector combination, we have not used it in a live service yet. My laptop does support dual output and we had it working well the other day but today I am experiencing problems with the software. I get an illegal exception type error first then once in the program I get a dialog saying "cannot display to an invisible or disabled window". The layout of Zionworks is then corrupted, I get a small blue preview window in the centre, and all the songs from the database are missing ??

An ideas ??

Thanks
David
dparker
Junior

Postby Christian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:42 pm

Hi David,

I'm not quite sure what's going on here... but I have a vague memory that another user experienced this months ago...though I can't remember for the life of me what the reason was!

It seems like the default preferences didn't cause you a problem, but then something changed in your preferences which now causes a problem when you start up. I would suggest first of all going back to that default state and then retracing you steps until the problem presents itself again.

Try the following:

1. Close ZionWorx if it's running.
2. In Windows Explorer, go the program folder e.g. 'C:\Program Files\ZionWorx'.
3. Delete the file 'Settings.ini'.
4. Restart ZionWorx.

Hopefully that should get rid of the error messages for a start :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Postby dparker » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:11 pm

Hi

Mmmmm, strange one that, deleting the settings.ini did indeed work. Program seems fine now, bit odd though, I already uninstalled & reinstalled twice this morning but to no avail.

Thanks
dparker
Junior

Postby Christian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:21 pm

David - Did you enable the PowerPoint integration within ZionWorx before the strange behaviour started?

If so, what version of PowerPoint are you using? I seem to remember that when this happened to somebody else before it was the MS Office 'Developer' edition of PowerPoint that was causing problems on startup...

P.S. Uninstalling and reinstalling would have not affected the Settings.ini file because it's not part of the installation.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby dparker » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:47 pm

To be honest, I maybe got a bit ahead of myself there. I did enable PP support, and there isn't even Powerpoint installed on the laptop yet :?

That'll teach me, we will be putting PP 2000 on in the next day or two.

BTW, you mention special thanks to Liverpool Elim, do you have any contacts / connections there.
dparker
Junior

Postby Christian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:42 pm

:D Yep, that'll be the problem!

BTW, If you can stretch to getting PowerPoint XP (2002) then you'll find this is much more convenient to use with a dual monitor setup.

As for Liverpool Elim, this was the 3rd church to use ZionWorx (v1.6), a good couple of years back, and also the last church that paid money for it, before I later decided to give it away! So for this reason those folks get a special 'thank you'! :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Postby dparker » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:55 am

Gr8, I'll thank the man personally, we just took delivery of their Pastor two weeks ago - Ray & Marian have just moved to our church here at Malton from Liverpool. He gave us the CD with Zionworks on it. I had no idea it existed until then.

Thanks
dparker
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support