Transition speed not working

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Transition speed not working

Postby Paul J Knight » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:14 pm

I am unable to change the slide transition speed on the PC permanently in church and one I'm preparing to replace it with. My laptop is ok! Both running on MS XP. Whatever speed I choose it still takes 10 seconds with a 32step.

Any sugesstions please.

Paul
Paul J Knight
Junior

Postby Christian » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi Paul,

The transition speed is really very dependant on processor speed. Unfortunately, if your processor/graphics card is struggling then it's going as fast as it can and and changing the slider setting will not have any perceivable effect.

I recommend you try lowering the fade steps to 16 and increase the fade time to some high value e.g. 10 seconds.

Then test this and steadily reduce the fade time slider until things start to behave reasonably. It's a bit of a tricky thing to balance - if the PC is really struggling and you can't get effective fades, then it may be worth trying 2 fade steps and just blanking the screen (although it doesn't look so good I know).

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Paul J Knight » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Dear Christian,
I'm getting a new PC so I'll try again with that.
Thanks for the reply.
Paul
Paul J Knight
Junior

Postby Paul J Knight » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:46 pm

OK I've got my shiny new Duel Core 'Fast as light' PC with a GeForce6200 (256MB) card in. Wow.
I've downloaded ZW 2.5.
Nevertheless I still can't get the smoothness or speed of my 2 yr old laptop.
With it set to 32 steps and 1sec it still takes 10 secs.
Set to 8 steps and 0.2secs it takes 4 secs.
Surely I'm missing something.
Any suggestions
Paul
Paul J Knight
Junior

Postby Christian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:08 pm

Mmmm...

I should have said that the fade speed is also dependent on screen resolution. If your new laptop has a large screen with higher resolution then that could be the cause.

Try using a lower resolution on the second monitor output and you will probably see much improved fade performance.

Regards,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby ChrisClark » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 am

Something that other people have experienced with speed issues is that the resolution of the image (if a single image rather than tiling) should match what the 2nd monitor's resolution.. ie. if 2nd monitor is 1024*768 then edit image to be 1024*768 pixels.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support