Background yellow colour

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Background yellow colour

Postby David Reid » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:52 pm

Happy New Year All. I haven't been around for a long time, basically as all is running well. I do have one on going problem that is annoying me intensly and that is the colour yellow. It has a greenish tinge, I am assuming from a blue cast; this is both with the Zionworx background colors and the PPT. Has anyone had this to deal with? I think it must be a software thing, as DVD's and videos shown through the same projector are fine. Every once in a while I have a fiddle, but I AM NOT A TECHIE. If anyone has an answer I would be so happy :D Thanks, Ullie
David Reid
Junior

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:59 pm

You say the dvd's are fine are these played though the computer or through a seperate dvd player which is connected to the projector via a seperate cable what i'm getting at is that I had a similar situation not the same colours though and it turned out to be the vga cable i was using i replaced the cable and problem gone.

Also do the colours appear correct on the operator screen. if not it could be a graphics card problem.
Pete
Intermediate

Postby David Reid » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Thanks Pete. The colours are perfect on the laptop moniter, and the DVDs are played through the computer, although they do attack to a different input on the projector. I had wondered if it was something like that, except that the desktop picture which shows on the projection screen before Zionworx is turned on has a beautiful perfect yellow. I reckon it must have something with the actual program itself. :cry:
David Reid
Junior

Postby brainier » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:51 pm

If the desktop logo has a good yellow colour, then you should use a grahics application of some kind (maybe download an evaluation version of Paint Shop Pro if you have nothing yourself) and use the Colour Picker feature. This will allow you to point at an area of the screen and get the colour definition.

In Zionworx's, make sure that you are using the same colour. The yellow that is being used in Zionworx might be a yellow with a blue tinge.

You need to get the Red/Green/Blue values for your desired yellow colour, and in Zionworx set these values for a custom background colour
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support