Powerpoint display

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint display

Postby Phil Campion » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:38 am

We have installed Zionworx and I can operate it well on my lap top, with our video projector, having the display window on the projector output and the operating window on the laptop.

I have tried to run powerpoint with it. We have powerpoint 2000 installed. Zionworx will load a presentation into the left hand section of the operating window, with the thumb nails in place. However when I click the green run triangle, the presentation runs on the full screen of the lap top obliterating the operating system. At the same time the display window with the song words remains on the projector output.

Is there anything I can do to correct this and get the powerpoint running in the display window of the operating screen and presumably then on the prejector output as well.

I am wondering if our graphics card is sufficient. It is Rage Mobility M1 AGP 2x.

Thank you so much for your help

Phil Campion
Phil Campion
Junior

Powerpoint

Postby webmaster » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:26 am

Yes this is easy to fix.

Click on the PPT window (in MS Powerpoint) go Slide Show > Setup slide show then select show on Seconday monitor.

Once you have done this the PPT will work fine.

I use a Win98 machine witth Office 2000 installed and this works well.
Cheers
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Powerpoint

Postby Phil Campion » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:27 pm

[quote="webmaster"]Yes this is easy to fix.

Click on the PPT window (in MS Powerpoint) go Slide Show > Setup slide show then select show on Seconday monitor.

Once you have done this the PPT will work fine.

I use a Win98 machine witth Office 2000 installed and this works well.
Cheers
Edd[/quote]

Thanks for quick reply and very helpful info. Phil
Phil Campion
Junior

Powerpoint v Staroffice 5.2 ?

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:59 pm

Have not updated from powerpoint 97 and as this is not compatible with zionworx, I need to know if I can use staroffice 5.2, presentation package. Will this work with zionworx?
thanks.
kevin
Junior

Postby intuitas » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:20 pm

Hi Kevin,

The reason PowerPoint 97 is not compatible is because it does not support two monitors.

I suspect that you will find the same thing with StarOffice (only because we know that the free version OpenOffice.org still has not developed full compatibility with two monitors for their Impress, presentation component.

Someone else may have a better explanation - or suggestion. You might try running ZionWorx for song display and running PowerPoint minimised on the second monitor (your projector I presume). Alternatively, if you are used to using your PowerPoint 97 directly on your projector in some other way you may be able to simply use it as you do now and run ZionWorx independently.

Regards,

Paul
AKA Intuitas
intuitas
Senior

Postby intuitas » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:26 pm

Kevin

PS

StarOffice is not directly compatible with ZionWorx because (amongst other things) the ZionWorx program is presently built to run PowerPoint 2000 or later versions (ie. it talks directly with PowerPoint but not other programs).

Regards,

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support