Disappearing Task Bar

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Disappearing Task Bar

Postby Williamting » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:04 am

I use an ASUS V9180 (GPU NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440-8X) graphic card with dual monitors on Windows XP Professional. Occasionally, I found that the taskbar disappear. To put it back, I have to go into control panel to tick auto hide ->Apply -> un-tick auto hide -> Apply. This is a nuisance. Anyone has the same experience and resolution? I noticed that this happens when I enter F1 (Show presentation).

Shalom,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:02 am

Hi William,

If you're using a dual monitor setup then you should never have any need to press 'F1', which moves the Presentation screen onto the Operator screen (and back again), because you should be able to see both screens all the time - one on each monitor output.

If you do toggle the F1 key, then the task bar is hidden on purpose and then shown again when the Presentation screen is moved back to it's normal position on monitor 2.

Hopefully this makes sense! :)
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Williamting » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:51 pm

Thanks, Christian. No wonder I don't see the disappearing taskbar for the past few days! Puzzle solved! Thanks again.

Shalom
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support