Creating a file of selected songs

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Postby chris_h62 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:00 am

Hi,

Is there any way of selecting specific songs and making a text file of just those songs? Or is there any way of selecting a specific set of songs to print?

Any help here would be most appreciated,

Cheers!
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:15 pm

Hi Chris,

The answer is no, not at the moment...sorry.

What is your requirement out of interest?

Cheers,
Christian
Christian
Site Admin

Postby kck » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:53 pm

Might it be possible to have several different Zionworx shortcuts that started in different directories, each one of which had it's own songs database? Then you could have files of specific songs.

Haven't tried it. Just a thought.

Steve
kck
Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:57 am

I suppose where I would see this useful is in situations where you want to produce a set of songs with words for a group of people to sing - maybe a home group situation... At Christmas time for example our church goes around resthomes singing - and we have a document containing the words of the songs.
One way of perhaps doing this is to add a feature to ZionWorx to print out the service list - with words also. Probably with that you may want to put in some actual formatting options which aren't there at present also
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby chris_h62 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi again,

The reason I ask is because the leadership team at church asked if there was a way of making a file containing all the songs that we sing that are not in hymn books that are readily available, so that when leaders are planning their services it is possible for them to have a good look at the words. This would be used to aid there service preparation and be used in saying something useful/helpful about the song before it is sung. The current issue is that a lot of songs we sing are on zionworx but aren't readily accessible to service leaders because the books they originate from are not widely accessible to them. Hence, being able to collate a certain set of songs file or print them in one go would be very useful.
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

File of selected songs

Postby kck » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.
It might be possible by opening the database in MS Access and generating some kind of report.

Steve
kck
Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Yeah, thanks steve. I've managed it now!!! I had a little play around on MS Access this evening and managed to open up the file and filter out the one's that I didn't need.

Thanks for your help!
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support