How many pictures can the "Pictures" folder hold

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

How many pictures can the "Pictures" folder hold

Postby York Pilson » Sun May 22, 2005 6:16 pm

We have been using Zionworx for about eight minths now and things are going quite well, so I have had little to post about. THe director of the Praise and Worship service wanted to use backgrounds, so I tried to find some in my collection of photographs. When I loaded them into the pictures folder, I began getting a message, "access denied". The folder currently contains 126 pictures, all in JPEG format. Have I overloaded the folder, or is there something else that I need to do? BTW, we got a lot of positive feedback on the use of backgrounds.
God bless,
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Mon May 23, 2005 8:03 am

Hi there,
You might like to try creating another folder called "More Photos" or something similar in the backgrounds directory of the zionworx folder. This way you may be able to put more images in. It may be worth splitting your photos up into categories (in a similar way assuggested above with a folder for each type of photo) because each folder in the "Backgrounds" directory is treated with a seperate name in the list of background sources within zionworx.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 pm

York & Chris,

The reason for this "access denied" message is due to a long-standing bug where read-only images cannot be loaded.

We are pleased to say that this bug has been fixed for v2.5, but in the meantime you can workaround this by selecting all the background image files within Windows Explorer, then clearing the Read-Only attribute in the Properties dialog.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Tue May 24, 2005 11:48 am

York,

We to have had very favourable comments about our background photographs -- especially when they are related to the hymn words of at least one verse. We have over 450 photos in the backgrounds\photos folder with the only real problem being the memory capabilities of the laptop (we had 256 ram to start with and I have recently doubled that to 512 ram which helps greatly). Another tip is to resize the zionworx side gallery down so that you see about 14 smaller thumbnails in preview rather than 4 or 6 larger thumbnails.

Haven't tried the idea about creating subfolders -- but it sounds like a great idea.

Hope this helps.

Ewan
"Inch by Inch, Anything is a Cinch"
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Postby York Pilson » Tue May 24, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks to all for the information and the good ideas. Christian, you were right. I am doing a lot of work with a digital camera and some of the pictures I put into the folders were read-only.
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support