Transitions from slide to slide within song

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Transitions from slide to slide within song

Postby richnjesus » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:01 pm

OK so I'm just getting started with Zionworx...it has such possibilities. I've used PowerPoint for years but I'm looking for a program to make it easier for our operators during worship/singing.

So can a transition be set from one slide to the next throughout a song? I can see a nice transition when I switch from background only to background with text. Can I get that same transition from slide to slide?

--Rich Thornton, Dover, PA, USA
richnjesus
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:36 pm

Hi there,

Currently there aren't any special screen transitions available as you're moving through a song. The alpha-blended effect is just for fading in the layers (text and background).

If you would like to see such a feature in a future version of ZionWorx then please start a new thread in the 'WishList' forum for discussion.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Merlin » Mon May 10, 2004 7:26 pm

:roll:
Am I missing something here? If you have set up a song in Powerpoint with transitions then from what I have expereimented with in the first hour of having downloaded today you get all you want out of it. That is pictures fading in, in a variety of ways mid song.
Merlin
Junior

Postby CustardFD » Tue May 25, 2004 8:45 pm

Merlin wrote::roll:
Am I missing something here? If you have set up a song in Powerpoint with transitions then from what I have expereimented with in the first hour of having downloaded today you get all you want out of it. That is pictures fading in, in a variety of ways mid song.

Transitions within PowerPoint slides are not a problem - these are handled by PowerPoint as before. However, at the moment there is no way to create a transition between two PowerPoint shows or PowerPoint and Zionworx, because they run in separate windows. A lot of nasty DirectX trickery would probably be required to do this.

If you are using PowerPoint to display your song words, I think you have probably missed the entire point of using Zionworx. Have a play about with the sample songs that come with Zionworx and compare the difference of displaying those to using PowerPoint from within Zionworx. I'm sure you'll see the difference and will be able to decide which you prefer. If you prefer PowerPoint, I suggest you don't use Zionworx at all because you are introducing more potential problems with no benefit.

(Sorry if that sounds blunt)

Dan.
CustardFD
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support