PowerPoint pres. restarts to slide 21 (if total size>21)

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PowerPoint pres. restarts to slide 21 (if total size>21)

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Tue May 17, 2005 12:43 pm

When we use Zionworx with a PowerPoint Presentation of 20 or more slides (Sunday 15/05/2005 we had 26 slides in total), when we restart the PowerPoint after displaying one of the hymns/songs from Zionworx to cut back into the PowerPoint order of service the PowerPoint always reverted back to slide 21 and not the desired slide (for example the slide for the Benediction).

To let you have an idea of how we use Zionworx and PowerPoint together we have a welcome slide from PowerPoint which is started from the 'play' buitton on the left hand side of Zionworx. This welome slide is displayed until the words for the first song are required and at that point the PowerPoint presentation is stopped to display the song words as previewed in the central panel of Zionworx. After the song is finished the PowerPoint is restarted on slide 2 to show the next section of the service (could be opening prayer or a Bible reading). This pattern of stop starting the PowerPoint presentation continues through the service -- and only when the slide number that we require goes to 22,23,24,etc then the problems start and the PowerPoint presentation restarts at slide 21. If the whole PowerPoint presentation stays within 20 slides in total then this glitch doesn't happen.

Hope this makes sense and someone can shed some light on why this is happening.

Regards

Ewan
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Tue May 17, 2005 6:02 pm

Hi there,

I believe this issue was raised previously in http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=339 although as far as I can see no one has suggested a reason or a fix.

Any ideas guys?

Peace,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

PowerPoint restart at slide 21

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Tue May 17, 2005 10:41 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the redirect to the other forum post. I have tried it on my own laptop (PowerPoint XP) and the church laptop (PowerPoint 2003) and the same thing happens. Generally, it doesn't occur because our standard PowerPoint is less than 20 slides -- only once in a while when we have to show, say, a slideshow does that push the slide count over 20/21. The way I have worked round this in the past is to break the PowerPoints into two and use the top-left dropdown box to switch between the two powerpoints.

The first time this happened to us we were using an external groups (BMS World Mission) PowerPoint and I thought that there was just some compatibility issue between how they had produced their PowerPoint and our system but this time it was my own standard PowerPoint which I just extended to accommodate a slideshow.

Maybe the next version will see this glitch miraculously disappear among the other changes.

In the meantime, I'll stick to using multiple PowerPoints. Keep me posted on any developments.

Regards

Ewan
<i>'Inch by Inch, anything is a Cinch!'</i>
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Fri May 20, 2005 2:06 pm

We have identified why this issue occurs and it will be fixed it in the next release.

Sad to say we can't blame it on Microsoft and it definitely wasn't a miraculous solution :-)
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Mon May 23, 2005 11:54 am

Hi folks,

Well, I just thought I should say that Chris is being very humble here, because he certainly didn't write the dodgy code!! :oops:

Mmm... I wonder who did?!

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Mon May 23, 2005 10:48 pm

Thank you Zionworx team for following this through and resolving this for the next release.

God <i>in His time</i> reveals the answers!

Ewan
"Inch by Inch, Anything's a Cinch" (Quote from my other Minister -- Rev Robert H. Schuller, Garden Grove, California)
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support