Runtime error #32

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Runtime error #32

Postby David Reid » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:58 pm

:D Hi all, I have been very happy using Zionworx, but this Sunday something weird happened. (Preaching was hitting a controversal subject :shock: )I am not sure if there was a power failure or surge for a milisecond, but the signals between the projector and laptop switched. Hence we could not close with singing, as the primary moniter would have appeared on the overhead. I also could not shut down as I kept getting an error message. Runtime error #32. Fine, I just turned off the computer, and managed to get the signal uncrossed. However when I used the projector for a powerpoint on wednesday, the projector did not display the entire screen. Approx 10%is cut, but you can move thepicture back and forth. I have tried every option on projector multiple times!!!, but no joy. With Zionworx it is the same. Could there be a connection with Zionworx resetting something???? I am not a techie, so if there is an answer help. I have changed resolutions and nothing. Thanks Ullie
David Reid
Junior

Postby Williamting » Sun May 01, 2005 4:26 am

Hi Ullie,
On the powerpoint issue, I suppose you mean that you could move the picture back and forth on the same slide? If this is the case, you have set the resolution of that screen to something higher than the hardware can support. In this sort of situation, windows went into what I called "emulation mode". This problem can be resolved by changing the setting of the display: On the desktop, right click on any blank area->Properties->Setting tab->click on the correct display and reduce the resolution.

Hope the above helps.
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby David Reid » Mon May 02, 2005 8:05 am

Thank you William, I have changed the resolution, and it does help, but the settings are still not 100%. I have the projector screen set to 4:3, but it looks like letterbox setting. (Hope these terms are generic) It will do, but the picture is slightly elongated vertically. For Zionworx, that is not really a problem, but in the powerpoint presentations it is noticeable. I will keep "fiddling", as I really don't know what I am doing that is the best technical term. :roll: Thanks again Ullie
David Reid
Junior

Postby Williamting » Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 am

Ullie, You need to set the projector to "Auto Detect" mode. It should be one of the options on the projector. In this way, the projector can automatically adjust the aspect ratio.

Hope this helps.
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby David Reid » Thu May 05, 2005 5:04 pm

Thanks again William :D I did a bit more fiddling and finally got the resolution back to what it should have been. I am still stumped though that it should have changed in the middle of a service. Could an electrical surge or cut do something like that ? :? Ullie
David Reid
Junior

Postby Williamting » Mon May 09, 2005 3:36 pm

Hi Ullie,
Good to hear that you have got it all working. Funny things do happen when you are new to something. It could be bug, power surge, or "something else". After you have everything set up and working, it should be smooth sailing.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby David Reid » Mon May 09, 2005 8:45 pm

I really think that it was "something else", as the preaching really touched on a very topical inflammatory subject, especially here in Spain at the moment. However we are victorious! Thanks again Ullie
David Reid
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support