Two songs with same title

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Two songs with same title

Postby Pete » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:30 pm

I have just come across a problem with zionworx. In my database i have a a couple of songs witht the same title these both appear in the database list but if i click the second of the 2 and try to display it , it only displays the first one no matter which of the 2 i click to display.

At the moment i have solved this problem by editing the database direct since the zw editor also only edits the first and giving each song a seperate secondry title ie the second line of the song and using this to display the songs but that means trying to remember what the second line is.

Could this be solved in the new version.
Pete
Intermediate

Postby Christian » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:54 pm

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your post.

Mmmmm... Technically it shouldn't be possible to create/edit or import a song with the same main title (or secondary title) as an existing song. So I suppose the first question is how did you manage to get 2 songs with the same name?

Anyhow, you are quite right that ZW will only operate on the first duplicate song. The way to fix this is to rename the first of the two songs, so that you can then 'select' each one separately for editing (because they're different).

I'm not sure quite what you mean about storing the second line of the song as a secondary title, but if I've missed the point then please correct me...

Hope that helps,

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Pete » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:44 pm

Having looked at the songs there where both imported from songs of fellowship using the software created by nick carter.

The bit about the secondry title i basically use the secondry title and put the second line of the song in there then do a serach for the scond line and click this to load it into the song list this then displays the correct song.
Pete
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support