Font changes for verses and choruses

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Font changes for verses and choruses

Postby revsteve » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:12 pm

Hi there,
Thanks heaps for your excellent program. :D I noticed on Sunday that it would have been really useful to have the chorus of a song we were singing in italics.

I seem only to be able to adjust the whole song, not just one verse or chorus. Am I missing something or is this actually the case, in which case it would be something I'd like to add to the wishlist for the next version.

By the way, I note that there's a Beta Area. When do you thnk the next version will be out?

Thanks,
Rev Steve
revsteve
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:31 pm

Hi Rev Steve,

Currently in v2.0, it's not possible to use a different style font e.g. italics for the verse/chorus. However I think you might find it interesting to read an earlier thread in the Wish List Forum called 'Jump to Verse/Chorus/Bridge'. In particular, in my post on Wed Aug 06, I mentioned the possiblilty of doing exactly what you suggest :wink:

The main issue is that such a feature would require extra information embedded within in the song data, to determine which section of text is the chorus. This is quite possible and I'm hoping to come up with an optional feature in the next version.

As for a release date for v3.0, dare I say that I'm aiming for the end of this year e.g. December :) . Having said that, I want to make sure that it's a very stable release because there will be some significant new features, and dependability is very important for all of us. I'm not making any promises, but this is what I'm aiming for...

Regarding the Beta Test Area, Edd has just put this together last week (thanks mate!) and it will be open soon to registered users who have time to help with the task of beta testing components for ZionWorx v3.0.

Best regards,

Christian
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support