Can't allocate the DIB Handle

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Can't allocate the DIB Handle

Postby Al Calame » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:28 pm

I'm in the process of setting up Zionworx for my church. I have loaded all the photographs from the download page for use as backgrounds, but when I am scrolling through them, I keep getting this message "Can't allocate the DIB Handle" Any ideas about what's happening?

We have just purchased a new projection unit, and have a laptop to run the service on. Using Power Point to this point, but Zionworx seems much better and more intuiitive.
YBIC,

Al Calame
Al Calame
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:05 pm

Hi Al,

I've never heard of this error before :? can you give us a little more information about how and when it happens?

Can you repeat the error time and time again using a consistent set of actions?

How much memory (RAM) do you have on the PC you're running ZionWorx with?

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Al Calame » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:22 am

I'm using a Pentium II 300 MHz with 256 MB of RAM. I get the message when I am paging through the background photos by clicking on the up or down arrows in the box. I'll get good response initially, and then it starts to give me the message. I have checked that all photos are not read-only. After I get the message, if I choose the arrow to go to the end of the photos it will let that happen, but then as I page back a few times the error message reappears. It seems to happen every time I try to do this.

Having just typed that in, I went into Zionworx and tried it again - you guessed it, it performed perfectly - without giving the errors. javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed Strangely, as I paged through the photographs, it appeared that I now am seeing all of them. I am certain that when I was having the problem that some of the photos were not displaying in the list, and some showed up that I had not seen before - how wierd is that?? Perhaps there was something with those particular files?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Question

Hope this helps - having worked in tech support in the past, I know this type of problem can really be difficult to pin down. Thanks for your dedicated work in developing and supporting Zionworx. I hope to use it for the first time this week when I lead our service..
YBIC,

Al Calame
Al Calame
Junior

Postby Christian » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:15 am

Thanks for that Al.

Please can you also tell us:

1. How many images are in the category (folder) which exhibits the problem when you are scrolling through?

2. How big the image files are generally, both in terms of resolution width and height, and file format (jpeg/bmp) and file size.

Cheers!
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Al Calame » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:23 am

Hi again!

The images I have in the photos folder are only the ones that are in the install set plus those from the image downloads page of our Zionworx web site. That comes to a total of 54 images. They are all JPEGs most less than 100K with only one that is over 1 MB. Of the 54, one is 1,791 KB, 9 are between 100 KB and 225 KB, and the rest are less than 100 KB. You can reproduce my environment by just copying all the images from the site into your Photos subfolder of the Backgrounds folder, because that's what I did to make mine.

Hope this helps. javascript:emoticon(':!:')
Exclamation

YBIC,

Al Calame
YBIC,

Al Calame
Al Calame
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support