Display resolution with Powerpoint

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Display resolution with Powerpoint

Postby IanL » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:02 am

I am having a problem with powerpoint shows. Zionworxs seems happy running with the monitor screen set up at 1024*768 and the presentation screen at 800*600. However once I run Powerpoint (through Zionworxs) the presentation screen changes to 1024*768. All runs fine but on going back to the next song in Zionworxs the text has reduced in size (due to the changed resolution). My current fix is to stop Zionworxs, reset the screen res. and re-start Zionworxs. Anyone else come across this? (and is there a solution?)
(WinXp & Sp2, PP2003)
Thanks
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:34 pm

I have not come accross this before. My immediate reaction is that powerpoint shouldn't change the resolution. Maybe this is a PP2003 issue?!?

If there is a problem in changing resolutions why don't you change the presentation screen to a default of 1024*768. This way there won't be any problems with interchange between resollution. You might have to change the default font size on zionworx but this might work out to be the best temporary solution.
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby IanL » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Hi Chris - thanks for the reply. I just came across the problem on Saturday night as I was preparing for Sunday so hadn't too much time to delve into the problem. I thought I had seen a posting somewhere about the secondary monitor having to be a lower resolution that the primary. Your solution is probably the best answer. Time to get editing!
Thanks again
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Even better!

Postby IanL » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:20 pm

I've just discovered - changing the default font size does all I need (well I should have read your reply PROPERLY!)
AND I can save backgrounds etc along with the service list. This software just gets better and better!!!!
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby Williamting » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:45 pm

Chris,
I noticed that if I change the presentation screen size to "something else" after Zionworx is installed, the projected display doesn't compute the text positioning properly. Therefore, to overcome the problem, it is best to uninstall Zionworx and reinstall it with the new screen resolution.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:04 pm

This might be to do with your powerpoint settings.

Load the powerpoint presentation into powerpoint then from the slide show menu chose set up show then at the bottom of the setting window look for a box marked performance and in there there is the option to set slide show resolution change this to use current resolution.

If it is already set to this then try changing it to 800 * 600

Hope this works for you.
Pete
Intermediate

Postby IanL » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:51 am

Pete - I've just tried out your suggestion. Resolution in powerpoint was set to 800*600. Appears to work successfully once changed to current resolution (and both displays set at 1024 * 768)
Looks like the answer. Thanks for the info

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support