[b]Importing Photos as Background[/b]

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

[b]Importing Photos as Background[/b]

Postby Don Phillips » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:05 am

Gday,
I am new to this, just getting Zionworx up and running.

I have searched my help file and cannot find how to import Photos into Zionworx as backgrounds.

I notice that the help file says that only Jpeg etc may be imported, surely this doesn't apply to photos as well.

Any help would be :D appreciated.

Don P.
Don Phillips
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:48 pm

Hi there Don,

I believe that zionworx only supports Jpeg and Bitmap format pictures as backgrounds. To import new backgrounds all you need to do is get the image files you want to use as backgrounds and simply copy them into the C:/Program Files/Zionworx/Backgrounds/Photos folder on your computer. Or if you want the pictures to be in a seperate section in the backgrounds section of zionworx, simply create a new folder within C:/Program Files/Zionworx/Backgrounds and copy the images into there.

Hope that helps,

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Williamting » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, the jpeg files must not be write protected. This happens when you copy jpeg files from CD. If you find that the picture files don't show, right mouse click and check the file properties. If it is "protected", just uncheck the box. You may need to restart Zionworx.

One of my personal golden rules when dealing with jpeg files is to keep the jpeg files small (<100K).

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby IanL » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:21 am

I've found that reducing the size of photos to 1024 * 768 pixels helps. It still gives acceptable quality and drops file sizes to well under the 100k William has suggested. (Probably most laptops have their native resolution set to the above anyway - so displaying a background in a higher res doesn't really achieve anything)
It also speeds up loading if you intend putting a lot of photos into the folder.

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support