REMOTE CONTROL?

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

REMOTE CONTROL?

Postby myk_allen » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:06 pm

Hi, i am a minister at my church and also the only person who can setup and control the laptop/projector. i have used pwerpoint in the past as i am able to control this remotely using beam+. can zionworx be remotely controlled or can the order of service only be advanced by physically being at the laptop?

Sorry if this is going over old ground, but i am new to zionworx.
myk_allen
Junior

Postby Williamting » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi,
Zionworx works in a manner which requires you to have a screen in front of you or if you have a sharp eye, it could be as many feet away as you can see the wording on the screen. You can control the songs by using keyboard shortcut but it will be very good if you can see the control screen.

Therefore, remote control is possible, in my opinion, if you have a device that allows you to use the "Enter", "F4", "Page up" and "Page down". I am currently experimenting with a Gyration (US$180) pointer (http://www.gyration.com/) but I am away from home for so long that I won't be able to tell you anything until March.

Another possible solution is to place your laptop on the pulpit or where ever it should be. The video cable can be extended quite easily.

The above does not gives you a fast solution but just some suggestions. I hope it helps.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby MaFt » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:58 pm

wireless (radio or bluetooth) keyboard? these can be bought fairly cheap now and have a decent range. however, you would need some good eyes!!

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
MaFt
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support