Powerpoint presentation freezes

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint presentation freezes

Postby nickm83 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:01 pm

I have used zionworx at my church, but when i try and show a powerpoint presentation, then it just freezes :?: :? .

For the words i have set the display settings up so only the bottom middle panel is displayed, this works fine using a projector. But when i then click on the powerpoint tab and press play nothing happens. It still wants to project the middle section of the presentation only. If i then revert back to showing the whole screen to show the powerpoint, when i try and swap abck to only showing a smalll proportion then the computer freezes and i have to restart my computer.

If you can understand my problem then can someone tell me where i am going wrong and what the easiest thing to do is. :?:
nickm83
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:00 am

Hi,

Could you please let us know what full version of PowerPoint you are using and what Windows version? Also, are you using a dual monitor setup?

If you can give a bit more specific information so that someone else could try to repeat the problem, then I'm sure your issue can be understood and easily solved... :)

Cheers,

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Re: Powerpoint

Postby Tekman » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:12 pm

nickm83 wrote:I have used zionworx at my church, but when i try and show a powerpoint presentation, then it just freezes :?: :? .

For the words i have set the display settings up so only the bottom middle panel is displayed, this works fine using a projector. But when i then click on the powerpoint tab and press play nothing happens. It still wants to project the middle section of the presentation only. If i then revert back to showing the whole screen to show the powerpoint, when i try and swap abck to only showing a smalll proportion then the computer freezes and i have to restart my computer.

If you can understand my problem then can someone tell me where i am going wrong and what the easiest thing to do is. :?:

Hi this is Tekman
You might care to take a look at my recent post on running PowerPoint. You might be experiencing 'lock-ups' or 'crashes' of your machine because of the following point that I made:-

4. It seems that for ZionWorx to run reliably, then you need to allow it to start PowerPoint for itself when it loads. If for any reason you already have PowerPoint running, then it is best to shut it down and then shut down ZionWorx. Finally, restart ZionWorx. This might sound a bit strange, but if you are going to use ZionWorx then you just have to let it get on and do what it does. (Extremely well)

It might be a good idea to look at the whole of my post because you may not have your system configured correctly for running PowerPoint via a projector.
Technical Consultant
Tiverton Christian Fellowship
Selly Oak - Birmingham - UK
Tekman
Junior

Postby intuitas » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:21 am

Hi,

Thanks for the posts.

I believe the tip about letting Zionworx open PowerPoint is relevant.

While I was trying to solve my problem with keyboard controls (also probably solved with Tekman's advice) I experienced a PowerPoint lockup too. However...

What I had done was

(a) Allowed Zionworx to open PowerPoint but then

(b) Used the open PowerPoint session to run the "slide show" and overran the presentation.

Have not experienced any further problems in that area since and am now careful to only use the open PowerPoint session to change the monitors for presentation display.

I wish the second monitor was a "saveable attribute" in PowerPoint or better still that they (Microsoft) would allow it as a default setting in the program itself.

Cheers,

Paul
Tasmania
intuitas
Senior

Postby Christian » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:45 pm

intuitas wrote:I wish the second monitor was a "saveable attribute" in PowerPoint or better still that they (Microsoft) would allow it as a default setting in the program itself.

I couldn't agree more!
This is certainly THE most annoying PowerPoint 2000 bug for dual monitor users :x

But that said, Micro$oft have provided a simple workaround for the problem:
Just pay them even more money and upgrade again! :roll:
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support