Where has HALF the screen gone?

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Where has HALF the screen gone?

Postby rtoupin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:10 pm

Half the presentation screen is missing. I have restarted the computer, reinstalled zionworx to no effect. The top half of the screen is just not there.

:cry: :?: :?:
rtoupin
Junior

half of screen missing

Postby webmaster » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:17 pm

Make sure in display settings the display is aligned I had this with my machine at our church the screen was offset slightly and caused a 1/3 of the screen to be missing.

This is in display settings when you see two screens(in win98) they should be aligned side by side.

Cheers
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Yep

Postby rtoupin » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:42 pm

Did that, but now I have no screen from zionworx at all...gone from bad to worse....

:?
rtoupin
Junior

dual screen

Postby webmaster » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:00 pm

how is you display settings setup.

I have two screens diplayed.

Side by side in the display window.

I setup my laptop this weekend and so long as you make sure both sections are switched on(by making sure second screen is switched on and plugged in) click the second screen....

I have never had any problems once the screens are aligned and made to max res of each display device.

When you do changes shut down Zionworx then reopen it after changes have been made.

Hopefully Christian will read this and respond too.

Edd
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:34 am

Are you using a projector as your secondary output? If so, you may be trying to drive the projector at a resolution which is too high for it to support.

To work out what the problem is, I suggest you ditch the projector and just plug another standard monitor into the second video output. Then close ZionWorx and change the resolution of both monitors to 800x600 in Display Properties->Settings. Like Edd says, also make sure that the 2 monitor images are aligned the same too. Then restart ZionWorx and see how it looks. If it works, then try swapping the monitor for the projector.

You should also try assigning an image to the desktop background and check that it displays correctly on both monitors.

The problem will no doubt turn out to be something simple so don't give up :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Thanks Christian..but....

Postby rtoupin » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:53 pm

I fixed it. I reinstalled, rebooted the system, then noticed I had two lines of the song come up.

So, I went to the settings on display properties and moved the location of monitor two around until the whole thing was there...then locked the setting so no one esle but me could adjust them!

Thanks for the help guys.

:wink:
rtoupin
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support